Best place to get NFL tickets?

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
My friend is a die hard 49ers fan and wants to visit Candlestick park for a game before they move to the new stadium. I've been to 4 games there with my dad and each time we used a ticket broker, but that was over 10 years ago so I doubt the place still exists (assuming we could even find their contact information.) Anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to get tickets without paying too extreme of markups?

yourbeliefs said:
My friend is a die hard 49ers fan and wants to visit Candlestick park for a game before they move to the new stadium. I've been to 4 games there with my dad and each time we used a ticket broker, but that was over 10 years ago so I doubt the place still exists (assuming we could even find their contact information.) Anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to get tickets without paying too extreme of markups?

The first thing I would do is have him look at the schedule and figure out what game(s) he's interested in attending. At that point, have him check ticketmaster (the official online box office) to see if any seats are still available. If they aren't or the selection isn't what he's looking for then your friend can see what's available on ticketmaster's nfl ticket exchange or stubhub.com. Both will have a ton of tickets for sale. Reasonableness of the prices will depend on the opponent and hoe demand for the game is. Prices vary over time, but I've generally found that, if there's a lot of inventory left, people will start to drop prices a week before the game. Conversely, for a big game, inventory will dwindle and prices go up over time.

I hope that helps.

The NFL site also sales tickets that other people are trying to get rid of.

I didn't realize that tickets were technically already "available." If I want a decent seat should I just get one of the marked up exchange tickets or is it worth taking my chance with a general released ticket?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)