Best price for Sling Adapter?

bchandler02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
Is $49.99 currently the best price for a Sling Adapter - or is Dish cutting deals for any of their premium customers?

I currently have an older Sling (AV) and as most of you know, it doesn't work with the newer mobile apps. Therefore, I need to upgrade to use it on my tablet.

I have a 722 (and will have a Hopper if/when OTA ever comes out), I'm trying to decide between buying the Sling ProHD ($200) and the Dish adapter ($50). The only difference I've seen is the Dish adapter can't be used with the desktop versions of the software, and the mobile versions use the Dish app for free instead of the $30 Slingplayer app.

Is there any real advantage to going to the ProHD? So far, I'm not seeing it.

Thanks
BC

I don't know of any different pricing on the Sling Adaptor coming up. As far as I understand, the SlingProHD would be good if you are connecting to a second HD tv and want HD from it and you would have to play recordings, change channels, set recording by using the tv remote. I also believe you would have to use tv1 for HD instead of being able to access tv2. I am not totally sure of SlingProHD, I'm sure someone who's knows 100% may chime in.

Sling pro gives you full control but also completely takes over tv1. Adapter uses background tuner and no blasters or external power (big advantages IMO). Check eBay. I recently sold mine for about $30.

You forgot the months during which it was FREE after rebate card. ;)

For the record, I myself spent $99 on the day it was released. Driven me crazy ever since! :rant:

TheKrell said:
You forgot the months during which it was FREE after rebate card. ;)

For the record, I myself spent $99 on the day it was released. Driven me crazy ever since! :rant:

Funny that I forgot that since I took advantage of it :p .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys