Auto Hop

It does not become available until after the nightly download so it will not show during night of recording.

Not quite true, but close. It's not available until 1am. My Hoppers don't reboot until 1:30am and I see the red kangaroos before then.

Seems like for the first commercial of a show it takes a few seconds but after that it hops right along :)

In the 10 seconds it takes for it to kick in, I can already skip forward to the next part of the show... Dish needs to fix this.

Seems like for the first commercial of a show it takes a few seconds but after that it hops right along :)

For me it takes two and a half to three seconds for it to hop, and then I get about a half second at the end of the commercial block. Prior to S221, it was about a half second at each end of the block.

I can understand why the op posed the question. I just got mine installed today and nowhere in any of the information provided does it mention auto hop. I don't know if previous versions of the info packs referenced it or not. If they did and now they don't I worry about what is to come of it.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I can understand why the op posed the question. I just got mine installed today and nowhere in any of the information provided does it mention auto hop. I don't know if previous versions of the info packs referenced it or not. If they did and now they don't I worry about what is to come of it.
AutoHop is a feature that came after the initial launch. You will find little official info on two hopper setups and bridging. There will also be a lot missing about PTAT since significant changes were made after launch.

If you look at the Dish website, they don't even recognize that you can even get two hoppers and it's not even a valid configuration.

Basically, satguys hopper forum is the only solid Dish resource :p (DIRT may be the only exception)

Ok well how long after a hopper is up and running until the auto hop works? Cause last nights ptat recordings have no red kangaroos out anything. :-(

There was no info about three hopper systems at all I had to get the schematics and everything from here for the tech to even install the darn thing. They had never done it. I was like "dish said stick this cord here" lol I didn't tell him the schematic was from here I said it came from Dish. However he did a beautiful job with it, it is truly a masterpiece of switches and nodes. I was truly impressed when he was finished with how cool it looked.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Ok well how long after a hopper is up and running until the auto hop works? Cause last nights ptat recordings have no red kangaroos out anything. :-(

Auto Hop should work by the next day when PTAT starts working.
Last night NBC & ABC should not Auto Hop because sports and live programming do not.
CBS programming should have but mine didn't.
Fox programming did on my Hopper.

Last night a football game ran over on CBS here so that's why I'm guessing autohop was not available for CBS. Threw everything out of whack

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

n0qcu said:
Auto Hop should work by the next day when PTAT starts working.
Last night NBC & ABC should not Auto Hop because sports and live programming do not.
CBS programming should have but mine didn't.
Fox programming did on my Hopper.

I figured fox would be the only one considering it was only one with regular programing, but even fox did not work on mine. Ptat worked great, just no hop

thechaz05 said:
I figured fox would be the only one considering it was only one with regular programing, but even fox did not work on mine. Ptat worked great, just no hop

Update: just got home and the ptat fox shows now have auto hop. Not sure when it finally happened, hope it stats becoming available sooner in the future. At least I finally got it though. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts