Best Pure FTA receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jl1946

Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
Western Maine Mountains
Could anyone give me some recommendations for the best FTA units.I'm not interested
in the DBS satellites.I'm currently using a Viewsat VS2000 and would like to upgrade.
Also I'm not worried about recording!

Thank You

I"ve never had a VS2000 so I can't say if the Coolsat 5000 would be an upgrade but it is a very nice stb, nice blind scan and they are cheap right now. I picked one up on Ebay last week for $24.99 plus $10 shipping

I have a pansat 3500, and also have been using my brothers mercury II lately. Both recievers work well. I would recommend either one of them. I'm kind of partial to the pansat though, since i've used it for the last 2 or 3 years.

I have 5 different (kinds) DVB Receivers, and 2 different PCI Cards. They are all good receivers, they all do something unique (that others won't do), they all have some same functions, they all do some things different, some do something faster and something else slower. Bottom line, there are many good receivers out there. There is no best receiver, because no 2 are alike and no 2 people want the same out of a receiver. The first manufacturer who comes out with a receiver that has it all, will be the best. Until the other manufacturers come out with there's, but neither is likely to happen. So, just take a pick and make the best of it. Whichever one you choose will likely make you happy, but then you're going to want more. It takes at least 2 and up to 3 different receivers to have most everything you could want/need in a receiver...?
Good Luck on your choice..!!!

another similar thread

Here's 3 possibilities.
1) Traxis 3500
2) Fortec Mercury II
3) Coolsat 5000

Probably the cheapest route is look for a used Coolsat 5000 ( wouldn't mind one myself for 20-30 bucks ) . I have two Mercury II boxes and the Traxis has many admirers . :)

[edit] Here is a similar current thread . http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/142391-new-cheap-receiver.html .
I posted in the above thread, and stand by those comments.
And . . . I would draw your attention to my first reply in this thread, too:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/142418-starter-fta-system.html

get something that can do s2. I have a pansat 3500s so am out of luck in that area... wouldn't mind the 9200 eventually.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)