Best receiver for DVB FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

determined

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 10, 2005
Ohio
I currenty am running a Motorola 920, receiving C band and Ku band using a 10 ft motorized Winegard dish. I have everything tracked and it works great. I want to add a receiver for DVB and I have worked out how to hook it all up when I get a new receiver. What I need is some recommendations as to what is the best receiver. I've read the reviews on this site but since I've never touched one, I'm not sure what is important and what isn't. I would like to hear from you guys about what you prefer. I will not say cost is no object but I'm willing to spend some extra money to get something good. Can you help me?

I have looked at the coolsat 5000. I see it can be had with a card reader. Can you tell me what a card reader is for?

What I think is important to me, is a "Blind Scan" and "AC-3" pass through. Of course with AC-3 you will need some type of decoder for it to work.
Also, for me "4:2:2" and "HD" are a vital part of my system. You would need a PCI card or PC USB card or an expensive "STB" (set top box) receiver ($700 +) for these to work. Good Luck!

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)