Best restaraunts to get barbecue

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
While most of you know me as a Sabres fan/sports junkie,

what some of you may not know is that I love good food just as much as I love hockey, if not more.

I have eaten at some of the better restaraunts throughout the country; not the fancy-schmancy places that only baseball players can afford, but rather places that have great quality as opposed to quantity.

My very favorite food type is barbecue, especially ribs.

What are some of the best barbecue places you have ever been to?

For me, it's Famous Dave's. :D

Dreamland Barbeque in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. It has to be good if a Auburn fan recommends to eat in T-town.;)

We don't have a good selection of BBQ joints up here in NE Ohio. For that reason alone, I actually have a plan to open up my own diner/BBQ place someday.

Until that time comes, I will continue to perfect the BBQ myself using my own outdoor smoker. Not to toot my own horn, but the ribs and brisket I make are the best I've ever had by far!

Oh btw, here's a rough logo design of my future restaurant if anyone's interested...

Attachments

• McG's#1.jpg
    McG's#1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 280
For a chain, I think Famous Dave's is good. Indeed, we stock their sauces in our refrigerator. I used to really like Bennett's too. But I still like the BBQ joints that aren't franchises.

And I am always happy just eating BBQ done in our Orion or Weber smoker. :)

For a chain, I think Famous Dave's is good. Indeed, we stock their sauces in our refrigerator. I used to really like Bennett's too. But I still like the BBQ joints that aren't franchises.

And I am always happy just eating BBQ done in our Orion or Weber smoker. :)

Just curious, which do you prefer taste wise?

I was originally debating the purchase of an Orion, but went with the Weber instead. In the end, I wanted a true smoker and the WSM seamed to fit the bill.

phil's. st louis mo. best sauce i ever had!!!!! i also like there slogan....
if you are in a BBQ joint and all the chairs match, the food aint good!

Smithfield's is pretty good for a fast food place. You can only find them in the eastern half of NC. In addition to the BBQ, they have some of the best fried chicken.

Gates in Kansas City. Every time I'm up there I stop in for the sampler, and bring home a few bottles of their BBQ sauce. :hungry:

Chain wise Sonny's BBQ is good and beats famous daves hands down ( sorry Rocky ) and with their cookin you actually taste the meat more than the sauce wich some places seem to go to great lengths to hide the taste of the meat for some reason.

Chains aside if you can find a little road side stand that has a group of people waiting to get some cookin then you better stop otherwise leave it alone if no ones waiting.

A nice little secret for the rural area of southern Michigan is Randy's road side BBQ bbq brooklyn michigan - Google Maps and if your out going to a race at MIS or just a liesure drive you have to stop in and try out the pulled pork sandwich.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts