Best RG6 Coax Connectors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)
I am rewiring my house now that the weather is warmer with Belden 1694A RG6 coax in preparation for the Dish Pro Superdish. I have access to Digicon DS6, Snap N Seal SNS6 and Stirling SPL6 compression connectors. What is the best brand connector to use regarding least loss reflected power and weather proofing? I'll be using silicon grease on the outside connectors.
Is there anyway I can do the entire Superdish installation myself? I am totally unimpressed with the "professional" installers around here. My neighbor just had a "professional" Dishnetwork installation without any grounding, no sealing of the 3 drilled holes in the outside wall, esthetically poor dish placement on the front roof of the house, and my pine trees will be blocking the satellites in a couple of years. (There were better places to put the dish.) Appreciate any knowledgeable responses.

As far as the connectors I installed my entire system with snap & seal. DNSC uses them. Heard nothing but positive feedbback on them. They are weather-tight and easy to use.

Snap and Seal or Sterling so far, have no had any problems with. No experience with Digicon, but I don't remember it being on Dish's "Recommended" list.

DishPro Recommended List

Thanks for the response. Not being a dealer, I can't look at the "recommended list". I would certainly like to see the list and was hoping it was posted where everyone could peruse. Regarding Digicon Connectors, they are SCTE-IPC Telecordia tested and approved as are the Stirling. However the maker of Digicon, Arris Inc, lost a patent lawsuit and not longer makes them. I would surmise that's why they are not on the list.

I use Canare 75-ohm F-connectors with no prolems on my dish pro equipment. However, you need crimp tools (which can be costly) to install them.

yrac said:
I use Canare 75-ohm F-connectors with no prolems on my dish pro equipment. However, you need crimp tools (which can be costly) to install them.

Snap-N-Seal is the default standard of the industry. I've never used Canare, but Stirlings, Gilbert UltraSeal , Snap-N-Seals, Digicons, and now, PPC's are all approved for DishPro. Thomas and Betts LRC Snap-N-Seal owns the patent for the internal sleeve compression connector and PPC owns the patent on the extrenal sleeve compression connector. PPC has sued and won patent infringement law suits against Arris Digicon and Corning Gilbert. Those are no longer made. They are in the process of going after Stirling, Steren and all of the other knockoffs. Eventually, over the next 10 years, there will only be Snap-N-Seal and PPC.

For a homeowner, a good deal would be this Snap-N-Seal kit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=11726&sspagename=STRK:MESSE:IT&rd=1

Granted, it is not a tool designed for professionals who need to do a lot of connections, but it would be ideal for a home installer.

When I wired my house, I started with the Digicon connectors, but I found them a little tight on my Belden 1694A RG6 cabling that I used. I switched to the Snap-n-Seal and I have been much happier. They are easier to install, and a better fit.

Since you are also using Belden 1694A, I highly recommend the Snap-n-Seal SN6's... I got them off ebay for pretty cheap, as I recall.

Mike500 said:
For a homeowner, a good deal would be this Snap-N-Seal kit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=11726&sspagename=STRK:MESSE:IT&rd=1

Granted, it is not a tool designed for professionals who need to do a lot of connections, but it would be ideal for a home installer.
If you are going to do more then just a few connectors, don't get this kit. I did and at first use it works out well. However, the screw has soft fine threads that start to strip after about the 6th connector. I barely made it through the initial supply of 12 connectors that came with my package before it was totally useless. You'd be better off spending a few extra dollars for a pilar-type crimper.

cdru said:
If you are going to do more then just a few connectors, don't get this kit. I did and at first use it works out well. However, the screw has soft fine threads that start to strip after about the 6th connector. I barely made it through the initial supply of 12 connectors that came with my package before it was totally useless. You'd be better off spending a few extra dollars for a pilar-type crimper.

The screw on the one I bought is metal. Ive already made over a dozen connections without any problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)