Best satellites for news feeds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brians0105

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
Hi all, I just now got my motor working (after a year of sitting on the shelf). I used to be locked to IA6. I like watching news feeds from FOX, CBS, etc. Now that I can move my dish, where should I go next? Which satellite is the most active for news feeds? SBS6? AMC..?

I currently only have a Lifetime Ultra Receiver, but I just bought a "possibly" working analog one on ebay for 25 bucks. Thanks.

question...is analog or digital used more for wild feeds,, and which Ku or C band would have more???thanks

Thanks everyone. I have an analog receiver from ebay on the way... hopefully it will work and maybe I can pick some more stuff up when I get it.

ok so for these freeds( removing the digital sig factor), obviously a KU band analog recvr is needed , but are LNBf denoted as analog or digital?? i mean lets say the invacom qph031 is that able to pick up both ?? or is a analog LNB needed??

ok so for these freeds( removing the digital sig factor), obviously a KU band analog recvr is needed , but are LNBf denoted as analog or digital?? i mean lets say the invacom qph031 is that able to pick up both ?? or is a analog LNB needed??[/QUOTE

I'll pass this one to the experts, but I believe the same ku lnb will work...?

Any (Standard) LNB works for both Digital AND analog :)

(Universal LNB's are no good for analog receivers)

No prob :)

The reason Universals will not work with Analog is they have a 22Khz switch to toggle between high and low bands.

The ANALOG receiver I purchased on ebay for really cheap is a Video Plus VP-1000. Can anyone tell me if this will work to find some analog ku stuff? I bought it for fun just to see if I can get some stuff. Will it work? I can't find much on the internet about it.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)