Best set-up for best sound

Sapperinthewire

Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
My wife has had TT for a while and she loves it. The only thing is that there is a little hum to the songs. She is using a sound card that I bought her a Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z5 notebook card. Whats the best thing I can use. I dont mind spending the money since she uses it so much. Does she need a new set up , or is it just a matter of adjusting what she has?

Sapperinthewire said:
My wife has had TT for a while and she loves it. The only thing is that there is a little hum to the songs. She is using a sound card that I bought her a Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z5 notebook card. Whats the best thing I can use. I dont mind spending the money since she uses it so much. Does she need a new set up , or is it just a matter of adjusting what she has?

I have 2 suggestions,

1. Install a "Ground Loop Isolator" I will need someone else here to 'chime' in and let us know exactly where it should be installed.

2. Contact TT Support and see if you have one of the earlier units that had the Ground hum problem and see if they are willing to do something for you. I know they did some swapping out or changing units in order to overcome the Ground Hum issue.

I guess - its just late - on both accounts, My suggestion is check in with the TT support group and see if they can tell you what to do.

Our very first hardware release introduced a small ground loop him into the audio. This was in late 2004. This was only our XM USB adapter.

If you have an adapter from then and you are having the hum problem, we'll swap your unit for a new one. In any case, a ground loop isolator will solve the problem. They run about $10-$20 and it gets plugged between the satellite radio and the soundcard (usually acting like an extension to your audio cable).

We sell them on our site if you want one. They are also available at Radio Shack.
http://www.timetraxtech.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=61040

David K.
Time Trax

Worked like a charm. $17.99 at Radio Shack. Seems like it fixed it. It's a happy household once again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts