Best Sirius Radio for everywhere?

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
Anyone have any opinions on what a good Sirius radio? I would like one that I can take to work and listen to simply through a AUX input in my work vehicle, but is easy enough to to take from my personal car to my work car. I would also like to have the same unit be able to be used in my garage stereo for when I am working out there. Any ideas?

Any of their plug and plays should work for you, but you have to spend money on extra docks and the like. Stilettos have wi-fi and internal antennas and can record. I've had mine for over four years now and it still works, though I hear a lot of people have had terrible experiences with them. Any way you cut it, it's kind of a pain in the ass to bring your radio everywhere and spend money on all the extras, but the Stiletto is the easiest solution for me. Or, wait until summer, some cell phones could be coming out with the sat radio chipset built in, or maybe not... that rumor has been around a while.

Well I went with the Starmate 5 with the vehicle kit. Anyone have a home kit for sale. With everyone ditching sat radio these days I know someone has to have one....

Should have went with the mirge, you can get both Sirius and xm. And not everyone is ditching sat radio you came on board with you 20mill closest friend .

Should have went with the mirge, you can get both Sirius and xm. And not everyone is ditching sat radio you came on board with you 20mill closest friend .
The starmate 5 will do both.

Well I went with the Starmate 5 with the vehicle kit. Anyone have a home kit for sale. With everyone ditching sat radio these days I know someone has to have one....

Check ebay or they have them at TSS radio. SIRIUS Universal PNP Home Kit SUPH1 | TSS-Radio

Thanks for the info. I don't think that the starmate 5 will get anything more than "the best of" XM programming, but I could care less about that anyway. Only thing I wish I had XM for is the MLB broadcasts, but I have "At Bat" on my iPhone and have been listening and watching MLB broadcasts on it for several years now with no major problems.

The starmate 5 radio they sell to existing subscribers is not the same as the retail version I don't think. It did not come with a suction cup mount or a fm modulator extended antenna like I have seen others. come with.

I ended up ordering the "[TSS-UPVK] TSS Radio Universal Portable Vehicle Kit" from TSS-radio.com. It looks like it's exactly what I was looking for as it has a mount for the antenna right on the suction cup mount. I wanted something I could take easily from my personal truck to my work truck and this setup seems to fit the bill nicely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)