Best way to add VOOM?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

braak

Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
Wisconsin
Hi all,
I want to add VOOm to my setup. I called Dish but they told me I need a Dish 1000 or another dish. I presently have a SuperDish with a DP34 pointed at 110, 119, and 121. I have two receivers, a 811 and a 311. What is the best way to set this up? The Dish 1000 alone can't do it cause I need to see 4 birds. So I would need a 2nd dish anyway. Do I use a 500 dish pointed at 129 and a DP21 in the coax to the 811? Can I just hang another LNB on the present dish? I have an old Directv dish in the garage. Can I use that for 129? I'd hate to have to buy another dish and a DP44 just to make this work. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Bruce

Hi, welcome to the site!

Yes you can buy just a DP21 to go into the line that feeds your 811 and buy a DP Dual (or single) LNB and rig it to the superdish so that it picks up 129.

Good Luck!

Thanks BFG.
Is there someplace to get the Y adapter they use on the Dish 1000 to mount both LNBs? Maybe I need to hunt around on E-bay. Buy a whole dish for parts? What about a directv LNB, will that work with this setup?
Thanks for your help,
Bruce

Actually folks have been able to get 129 just by placing a lolipop stick in between the lnb and on the side of the superdish and zip tying it. We have a thread here with I think goaliebob doing it. I'm looking for it now...

I looked thru the old post but I couldn't find a picture or explanation of what goaliebob did with the popsicle stick. If he tweaked the 121 LNB over so it got 129 I can't do that cause my locals are on 121. Also, my dish seems to be backwards from the way most of the superdish setups are. I have a single or dual LNB on the West side of the twin. Presumably they are using that for 110 and the twin for 119/121. I figure I can hang another LNB on the East side of the twin for 129. Or maybe I don't know what I am doing, yet. Keep the info coming.

I think you've got it - except that the 119/121 LNB is NOT referred to as a "Twin".

A Twin is what's normally found on a Dish 500, and is not suitable for this setup - too big to be stable. Just get a DP Dual, and a DP-21 (or two - so you're set for a 921/942 upgrade ;) ).

"I think you've got it - except that the 119/121 LNB is NOT referred to as a "Twin"."
Yes, I found that out after I posted the previous. But you knew what I meant. Now I just need to scrounge up the parts. Thanks to everyone for all your help.
Bye

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)