Best way to get Brighthouse to change its new navigator?

shenanigans_ink

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
I'm not entirely satisfied with the new navigator. Does anyone know the best way to suggest changes Brighthouse CFL can make to improve customer satisfaction?

specifically:

1. There are some children shows I record for my daughter. every day. I'd like to have the maximum number of recordings option to show just 1. That way when I record today's episode, yesterday's is erased.

2. Prioritizing recordings. I liked being able to prioritize the order in which recordings take precedence. That doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

3. Navigating Favorites in the menu. Under the old system if I was looking at the navigator menu and hit the favorites button, the navigator would just show me what was on the favorite channel without changing the channel I was watching. Now it actually changes the channel I'm watching to the next favorite channel, but keeps the navigator menu on the current channel. This is a huge and annoying bug that makes no sense. I don't understand how something like this could slip through quality control.

4. recording on Any channel/Only channel. Not huge deal to me , but convenient under certain circumstances.

5. Recording episode but only at specific times, like a 1am rebroadcast of a show on History HD.

6. Recordings seems to cut off the end of a show. I recorded Ghost Hunters and Destination Truth on Scifi channel. The end of Ghost Hunters was cut off. I expected the start of the Destination Truth recording to begin where Ghost Hunters ended, but it didn't.

I've been collecting customer responses, thanks for the feeback. I'll make sure it get's to the appropriate management team.

what else has been suggested. I know there are more problems I've had, these are just the only ones that sprang automatically to mind when I composed the message.

new demands!

I'd like to not have recordings of shows cut off before their over!

also, when I go to my list of recorded shows, I'd like the highlighted show to be the last one that was highlighted, and preferably the current one I'm watching and not always the fourth show from the top of the list!

Also if a show is not being recorded because two other shows on at the same time are being recorded, I'd still at least like to see that show on the "scheduled list" maybe grayed out so I have forewarning that I am going to miss a recording and can make arrangements to record a later rebroadcast of one of those three shows.

Also! Saturday night/sunday morning two shows recorded that I have listed as "New Only" in my series manager. One was a repeat from a few weeks ago, another was a repeat from 2 years ago.

Great inputs. Hope Chris is listening and forwarding.

Your #2 was one I also mentioned awhile back..another annoying change from Passport.

Great inputs. Hope Chris is listening and forwarding.

Your #2 was one I also mentioned awhile back..another annoying change from Passport.

I got them. I've been sending these and previous feedback to the Director of Customer Care and the Director of Systems Engineering.

1) It annoys the hell out of me that you can no longer hit the arrow button when fast forwarding and rewinding and have it go to the next or previous 15 minute increment.

2) It annoys the hell out of me that when you are watching a TV channel..... 99% of the time if you try to go back and rewind to something from a few minutes ago ........ you find out that the hard drive was NOT recording the program you are watching and you CANNOT rewind back ..........what kind of garbage is that??? What is the purpose of having a DVR if you CANNOT rewind the programs you are watching live without recording every program you watch????

3) It annoys the hell out of me that BEFORE when you hit play during LIVE TV the bar would pop up that showed you what you were watching and how many minutes into the show it was.

4) It annoys the hell out of me that when you are now watching a recorded program and hit play it plays slower with no sound........BEFORE when you hit play during a recorded show......the info banner would pop up and also tell you how long into the show you were.

ALL 4 DVR's in my house have this problem since the new software download. Makes me seriously thing about getting DirectTV or DISH!!!!!!!! Anybody have any recommendations on which is better?????

Last edited:
another thing I noticed.
if I'm watching a recorded show and hit guide, the guide shows me the last channel I had on, not the channel for the current show I'm watching.

Here's something that annoys the hell out of me and it's happened many times today on every box in my house...............

The boxes will NOT record live TV being watched on the second tuner while a show is being recorded and you CANNOT even pause it!!!!! Then it still doesn't record live TV or let you pause for at least 30 minutes AFTER it is done recording.

These cables boxes become MORE CRAPPY everyday with this GREAT, NEW software Brighthouse loaded onto them!!!!!

With my internet, cable, 4 HD DVRS, and Movie Channels....... I pay over $230 a month to Brighthouse and right now what I'm getting is worth about $1

...The boxes will NOT record live TV being watched on the second tuner while a show is being recorded and you CANNOT even pause it!!!!! Then it still doesn't record live TV or let you pause for at least 30 minutes AFTER it is done recording.

Wow. I had encountered strangeness, but had not isolated the phenomenon. That which you describe is important and inexcusable.

Last edited:
Here's something that annoys the hell out of me and it's happened many times today on every box in my house...............

The boxes will NOT record live TV being watched on the second tuner while a show is being recorded and you CANNOT even pause it!!!!! Then it still doesn't record live TV or let you pause for at least 30 minutes AFTER it is done recording.

These cables boxes become MORE CRAPPY everyday with this GREAT, NEW software Brighthouse loaded onto them!!!!!

With my internet, cable, 4 HD DVRS, and Movie Channels....... I pay over $230 a month to Brighthouse and right now what I'm getting is worth about $1
4 HD DVRS? What is wrong with you? There isn't enouigh good programming on TV to make the expense worth it.
I have exactly 1 tv ith one DVR and I still don't have enough time in my day to watch all the shows I want to record.

4 HD DVRS? What is wrong with you? There isn't enouigh good programming on TV to make the expense worth it.
I have exactly 1 tv ith one DVR and I still don't have enough time in my day to watch all the shows I want to record.

HAHA ......... so we can watch recorded shows either in the family room or in the 3 bedrooms that have tv's in them.

Sounds like he moves from bedroom to bedroom...seems pretty entertaining to me; just don't understand what the TVs are for.