Best way to get HD on 2nd TV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

theoak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
I have a 1000.2 with a 722.

I have one cable going from the dish to the 722. I then have the TV2 out fed into my internal home cable.

I just updated my second TV to HD.

Running satellite cable from the dish to the second TV would not be hard. I am assuming all I would need to do is run a second satellite cable from the dish to my second TV.

211k?
222k?
612k?
722/k?
922k?
Wait for the XiP?

Dish says I can upgrade the receiver for free with another 2 year commitment. For the $6 protection plan they will send a tech out for $15 to run the cable. I only asked about the 211k and the 612k though.

I noticed Dishstore.net had the 211k and 222k for around $130. The 612k was about double.

Opinions? Thoughts? Other ideas? Sling?

Thanks ...

If you don't have to have independent viewing you can run a HDMI cable to the 2nd TV and mirror TV1 in HD. You can connect the HD TV near the receiver with component video & audio cables or pick up a powered HDMI splitter (monoprice.com) and have HDMI at both locations. Keep the existing coax hooked up for TV2/SD when independent viewing is required.
BTW, I looked today and 2 retailers are selling new 211Ks on ebay for $100 shipped.

Ed

If you are going to watch the same thing on both TVs at the same time all you need to do is feed one with HDMI and the other with component. Otherwise you need another receiver.

You can convert a 211 series into a dvr by adding an ehd with a $40 activation fee, That gives you 1 ota and 1 dish tuner for a 211 and no dvr fee.

I already have a 722 ... so I am already paying the DVR fee. If I get another DVR, I should not have to pay the fee twice.

Thanks all for the feedback!

I already have a 722 ... so I am already paying the DVR fee. If I get another DVR, I should not have to pay the fee twice.

Thanks all for the feedback!
There is only one account level fee for the DVR of $6.00 a month or in the case of the VIP922 it is $10.00 a month. The EHD has no activation fee for DVR receivers but to turn a VIP211 into a DVR it would be a 1x $40.00 charge and the EHD cannot be moved between the 722 & 211.

and if you add a 722, it is going to cost $17 more a month..... Not the DVR fee, just the added Dual DVR charge....

If you decide to go the 211 route shop around. I have seen them for as little as $80. While their isn't much difference go for the VIP 211K vs the VIP 211 if you have the option.

Jim

and if you add a 722, it is going to cost $17 more a month..... Not the DVR fee, just the added Dual DVR charge....
I have two 722k's and that extra 17 bucks out my wallet each month stinks.:D
2SMILYS-1.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)