vip722 and sling adapter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bub

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Is there a tutorial somewhere to get this working? I've contacted Dish numerous times w/o any luck.

My receiver shows broadband connection ok. I log into DN website and click on the sling link in the menu and I get a no receiver connected issue. Sometimes, I do not see that problem and I do see live tv and my recordings, but there is no option to watch on my PC, only watch on TV. What's the point of that?

When I try to use the DN Sling app on the ipad, I either get the no receiver connected issue, or when I don't see that, no matter what I try to access, live tv or recordings, I get a different error, invalid lookupid or something like that.

Does the sling adapter ever work correctly?

Dish and Sling have multiple servers, and they talk to each other when they get around to it. If you just plugged in your Sling Adapter, then give it a day before declaring it DOA. Does your adapter have a little red LED glowing? Did your 722 "notice" it's presence when you plugged it in?

How is you receiver Broadband connected (direct ethernet, wifi adapter, etc)? Do you know your internet's upload and download speeds?

If you send your phone number or account number in a PM, I can try to duplicate the problem.

Thanks fellas, it is not DOA. I can connect via ethernet fine. I can 'see' my recordings and live TV, some of the time, through the Dish Network website/sling interface. There is no option to watch content on the PC, only watch on TV. So, if I select a recording or live TV, the receiver changes channels but I see no option to watch anything on the TV.

With my iPad, when it does connect, I can 'see' live TV and my recordings, but when I try to play them, I get an error along the lines of invalid targetID or something. For the last 6 hours, when I try to launch the DN/sling app, it thinks my receiver is not online even though it is.

Thanks Matthew, will PM you the information.

I've been with DN for over 12 years so I know the CSR's are clueless, but they are absolutely worthless when it comes to helping with the sling adapter. All I've gotten was script reply's.

George

I was talking with bub and when we were on the phone it was working again.

He's planning on letting me/us know if it continues to work
Cool.. good follow up for the rest of us.. and the public so that maybe his resolution will help others.

By chance did the network check out ok? no double natting, no proxy, no secondary network inside the house, no gateway isn't the soho router issues?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)