Best way to get upgraded?

danix

Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
I haven't posted here in a long time.

I've been a long time Dish customer, going way back to the launch of the 2nd or 3rd satellite.

I've recently moved from NY to CA, and am renting a house there for now.
I left the old Dish in NY, per Dishmover, and was surprised to learn there is a "maintenance" fee if you're not ready to set up service at your new location.
I don't see why they do this, but whatever.

The new house has DirectTV in place. But, there are two channels on Dish I want and they don't carry, plus I could care less about NFL. So, until I could figure out what to do, I got Comcast. It looks horrible compared to Dish, except on the HD channels, which work great. The builtin DVR is OK, but the on-demand stuff is nice (missed Survivor? catch it the next day for free).

I'm willing to go with Dish again, but I think that as an existing customer, they should be offering me a better deal than Joe Schmo who just signed up. Also, I could cancel and have my wife sign up at the new location, even more grounds why I should get at least the same deal.

I own a PVR501 (which I paid through the nose for) but it doesn't do HD, so it looks like I need a ViP622, which I cannot own, but can lease for $199, plus a monthly PVR fee?

I'd like suggestions on how to get a decent deal, other than cancelling or threatening to cancel. I'm also concerned about paying into a DVR that could soon become obsolete, of course.

Thanks!

You can buy a 622, dish store has them for $499.

http://www.dishstore.net/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=622&x=8&y=8

You will get a new customer deal with your wife's name & a different cc #

go to the dish website & see what they are offering for new customers vs what you can get with dish mover

Did you put your account on hold? If you canceled your account, moved & now have comcast, I do not think you can use dishmover, it is only for active customers, not returning customers, which you would be if you have canceled your account

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts