Best way to order D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tase2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2004
Hi
After weeks & weeks of researching and doing my homework I finally know what I need to get, but I am not sure how to place the order to get it all.

I would like to end up with D* HD package downstairs. I would like to have DirecTiVo (non HD) upstairs. I live in a condo which will not allow a large OTA, but I have received the OK to put up a D* dish on the roof and a relatively small OTA.

I contacted D* today. They can't guarantee what OTA will be shipped. Being in a condo it appears the Winegard MS-2000 MetroStar would be the best OTA followed by Winegard SquareShooter Model SS-2000. Since I am purchasing the HR10-250 from a third party retailer that does not offer any antenna, does anyone know how I should go about ordering D* service, triple LNB Dish, the above OTA's, HD Receiver (HR10-250) & installation, and still be eligible for all of D* first time customer offers.

Not asking for too much, am I?

Thanks
Mark

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

I would highly recommend Value Electronics. You can click on their banner on the upper right. Tell them you're a Satelliteguys member and get a 10% discount. :) They are very nice to work with and will make sure your order gets shipped on time and your install done right.

tase2 said:
I would like to end up with D* HD package downstairs. I would like to have DirecTiVo (non HD) upstairs. I live in a condo which will not allow a large OTA, but I have received the OK to put up a D* dish on the roof and a relatively small OTA.

if you have not ordered yet, i highly recommend you take a look at http://www.dishstore.net/ . you can get the dish hd pvr for 550 new or 500 remanufactured. the dishstore.net is a sponsor of this site and has always provided top notch service.

since i posted this on the direct tv part of the site, ignore the bashing of dish network and look for posts that deal with dishstore.net and you will see that they are top quality.

yeah, go order dish and get used to locals being pulled because of ergens ego. constant price increases. service calls costing 100 to 160 dollars a pop. fewer channels

god what a class act

robert luzzi said:
yeah, go order dish and get used to locals being pulled because of ergens ego. constant price increases. service calls costing 100 to 160 dollars a pop. fewer channels

god what a class act

You might be a little mis informed. Dish has no more price increases than Direct and the prices are already lower than direct. They also have a lower up front cost for new subs. Direct has a few channels that Dish does not have and Dish has a few that Direct does not have. Ergens ego was good for all Dish subs since he did not give into the unfair price demands of Viacom. I can't speak for everyone, but I have never had a service call costing that much.

In the end you will have to look at both companies services and see which will give you a better bang for the buck, which will offer you the channels you want, and which will offer you the equipment you want.

Both are very comparable, but for me I have Directv.

I had Dish and would never go back nor would I ever recommend them to anyone not even my enimies. DirectV is the only way to go

korsjs said:
if you have not ordered yet, i highly recommend you take a look at http://www.dishstore.net/ . you can get the dish hd pvr for 550 new or 500 remanufactured. the dishstore.net is a sponsor of this site and has always provided top notch service.

since i posted this on the direct tv part of the site, ignore the bashing of dish network and look for posts that deal with dishstore.net and you will see that they are top quality.

It seems to me you should be reading the OP information.

The poster has already decided "after weeks & weeks of researching" that he is going with DirecTv. He never mentioned, not even a hinting of going with anything else other than DirecTv.

If you can't answer his question by telling him to visit ValueElectronics.com Then why bother posting anything at all.

I agree Matt. The originator didn't ask anything about Dish. He has done his research and wants DirecTv. Good choice. Give ValueElectronics a call and enjoy. You won't regret it. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)