Best way to return a Joey

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
What might that be? I want to retain my H3 and 2nd Joey. All are leased. I may buy another J3 for the times when I might need it.

What might that be? I want to retain my H3 and 2nd Joey. All are leased. I may buy another J3 for the times when I might need it.
Purchase that 3rd Joey and activate it. While on that activation call deactivate that other 3rd leased Joey and they will send you a box return it. Or you could could simply deactivate the 3rd Joey first and they will do the same. Then add in the 3rd owned Joey when you need it. Once you have the owned Joey activated you can deactivate it at will without the need to return it.

Source is common knowledge.
I am having a senior moment. Can you please be explilcit? I also haven't figured out whether I can chat here, chat somewhere else, call on the damn phone, or what. I refuse to go search for Dish again on FB: too many possibilities.

I think the best way is to call on the phone. Just tell them that you want to deactivate one of your Joeys. You will have to give them the specific Joey ID. You can find that by pressing Home three times on your 54 remote. It will start with a R. They will set up a UPS box to be delivered to you. You pack it up and let UPS take it away.

You can find that by pressing Home three times on your 54 remote. It will start with a R.
Thank you for this extra detail. It is not currently connected to a TV, though. Isn't the R number also printed on the bottom? Oh, I'll bet it's on MyDish too. I'll go find it there. Nope; it's there but not visible because of asterisks. Now why is that? :mad:

Reactions: charlesrshell
It’s printed on the bottom. R18xxxx or whatever. And I usually deactivate/activate stuff via the mydish chat, but it’s up to you if you want to talk to someone. Also, you will not get a box for a Joey return afaik, it will be a prepaid label for UPS mailed via USPS and you’re going to need something to pack it in.
When I went for fully purchased receivers so that I could mess around with equipment, I had to return a leased 4K Joey. Was as easy as waiting for the label (I believe it gets emailed as well? Didn’t get one though ) and throwing it a Amazon box with some bubble wrap and the power adapter.

I gave up trying to get out of the damnable Chat Bot infinite loop on My Dish and called the regular customer service number. A nice lady with no discernible accent answered and took down my particulars. She then foisted me off on technical support (why?) where a guy with an understandable accent finished verifying which Joey he was disabling along with my new monthly total, and he told me he'd send a box in "3 to 5 business days".

There seems to be no automated way to do this online; you simply must call. Maybe FB or twitter would help, but I didn't want to risk exposing this to all my friends, so I didn't post anything on either platform.

There seems to be no automated way to do this online; you simply must call.
Update: the box never came in well over 2 weeks. So I tried the chat and figured out how to do this online. You have to type "representative" TWICE in a row to the damnable automated chat bot before it will actually connect you to a live representative. You do not dare to say "return" anything, because it will give you a URL and just go into an infinite loop.

Bottom line: I now have a UPS tracking number and the box is finally on its way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)