Best way to stream from 1 computer to multiple TVs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Update on this..

I think I fixed the Roku issue with lag and sluggish performance. I think the main issue was that the Roku was constantly trying to "cache" all the channel info, and it couldn't handle that along with standard navigation and such. So I navigated to the Plex channel and turned off my tv and went away for a while. When I came back, it ran MUCH better. I also went and tried using the Plex with multiple devices at once, so I had it streaming to my iPad while it was streaming to the Roku, and there wasn't any stuttering or excessive buffering that I could detect (both were on WiFi, but to the fair they were both in the same room as the router.) The quality also seemed quite consistent, and I like how the App interface is on the iPad. I'm not a fan of the fact that on the Roku, to scroll by folder (which is my preferred method) I have to scroll to the VERY LAST option. Still, now that the lag has been fixed that really isn't much of an issue.

I figure with the Plex feeding the Rokus with content downloaded from the internet, along with all the other channels the Roku has, combined with some basic OTA antennas as well as NFL ST on PS3, I should be set for about 95% of my watching needs. Anything I can't see I'll go to my dad's house (all I need to do is bring my kid and he won't mind) or a friend's house. For me it's all worth it considering I'll be saving ~$100 a month on my cable bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)