Best Way to Upgrade to HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gebo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
My parents are upgrading to DirecTV HD w/o DVR. They are both in their 80's and I am buying the TV's and will have to pay for the upgrade as well. They currently have 2 SD TV's with DirecTV at present and they just got satellite in October 2010. I called Direct and they want $258 to upgrade with 2 HD receivers. That irritated me to have to pay that much. Is this for real? Is there a better way?

It's normally $99/hd receiver and $199/hd dvr. Perhaps you can call back and talk to another csr.

being a customer for less than 6 months and want an upgrade? Yep sounds about right. I learned the hard way too.

As for the pricing
$99 for the HD receiver x2 is 198
$50 "fee" since theyve been a customer less than 6 months

but you can try another rep but I know the $50 gets dropped off after 6 months

It was $160 or so with just one HD receiver as compared to the 2 HD setup for $258. There was the $50 charge and another install fee to change out the dish. I may be off a few dollars as I my brain started to shut off thinking I had just paid so much for the 2 TV's and here I was gonna have to pay $250 plus. Yikes!

So I might as well belly up, huh?

probably a $20 "shipping" fee which is really an install fee

You could wait a month then try again. Like I say when I wanted to upgrade to HD it was 5 months after I was a customer and they wanted $175. When I called after 6 months it was $99 for the HD receiver and $20 to "install" it (aka a shipping fee)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)