Best Way to Upgrade to HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gebo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
My parents are upgrading to DirecTV HD w/o DVR. They are both in their 80's and I am buying the TV's and will have to pay for the upgrade as well. They currently have 2 SD TV's with DirecTV at present and they just got satellite in October 2010. I called Direct and they want $258 to upgrade with 2 HD receivers. That irritated me to have to pay that much. Is this for real? Is there a better way?

It's normally $99/hd receiver and $199/hd dvr. Perhaps you can call back and talk to another csr.

being a customer for less than 6 months and want an upgrade? Yep sounds about right. I learned the hard way too.

As for the pricing
$99 for the HD receiver x2 is 198
$50 "fee" since theyve been a customer less than 6 months

but you can try another rep but I know the $50 gets dropped off after 6 months

It was $160 or so with just one HD receiver as compared to the 2 HD setup for $258. There was the $50 charge and another install fee to change out the dish. I may be off a few dollars as I my brain started to shut off thinking I had just paid so much for the 2 TV's and here I was gonna have to pay $250 plus. Yikes!

So I might as well belly up, huh?

probably a $20 "shipping" fee which is really an install fee

You could wait a month then try again. Like I say when I wanted to upgrade to HD it was 5 months after I was a customer and they wanted $175. When I called after 6 months it was $99 for the HD receiver and $20 to "install" it (aka a shipping fee)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)