Status
Please reply by conversation.

ckudrna

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Tempe, AZ
Hi,

I recently purchased a 2 room system with the 3 LNB 18x20 dish. I was told at the time (4 days ago) that their was a rebate for the price of the system and to call directv to get the forms, etc.

I called Directv, and of course no one knew what i was talking about. I then talked to BestBuy and they said go back to the store and they will print your rebate form out.

I went back today, and of course no one their had a clue what was going on. Finally someone went on bestbuy.com and printed out some generaic rebate form for a satellite system.

Has anyone recently purchased equipment from bestbuy, and have they applied for a rebate?

The equipment was the standard Philips cheap receivers (2) and the 3 LNB wide dish. I took the equipment home and installed myself and it works great.

I just want to know if anyone has any idea on what rebate form to use for the philips equipment and what to do.

Best Buy needs to stop hiring kids that have not a clue what they are talking about. Every time I go to that place it is another damn kid thinking he knows everything about life and then just screwing everything up.

I bought 2 RCA receivers + the triple LNB dish at Best Buy, and they gave me the rebate form at Best Buy when i purchased it.

My experience (from helping friends get their DirecTV deals) on Best Buy tells me that I should ask the Blue-T-shirts some uneasy sales questions (like, can I have a 2-room system with 2 different brand receivers?) They won't know the answers and will then talk to their supervisor. Then have the supervisor go thru the whole purchase for you (feel free to tell the supervisor that s/he knows better so you feel more comfortable working with him/her... supervisors like that)

Thats not the one i got.

I got the two Philips 5500? recievers, with the same Funai dish.

They did not have any of the two room packages anymore, so they "built one" with two recievers and the dish.

I think i found the rebate on the bestbuy site. I filled it all out, just waiting for my first months bill to come. I hope that the fact that it was not a bundled system but a system made from 3 different boxes will not screw up the person issuing the rebates.

Maybe I will put a little note in saying they were out of systems so they built me one out of these various components.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts