BET HD now live

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dont think there is much HD programming on the channel, if any?

If they channel says HD they can count it as an HD channel. If it doesn't have HD they don't use the bandwidth. The best of both worlds for Marketing and for the bandwidth bean counters....

;)

Not a CET channel? 24 hours a day of Chinese cultural music and news. Now that's diversity and it would make us all better people. I can see it all now.

I guess your one of those people who hide behind a keyboard, and spout bigotry in safe. BET creation's was the result of networks refusing to play black videos and shows. BET would also play white, or any other ethnic group music/videos. You are an idiot who is making this a race issue.

This thread should be about,
PQ
Hrs of HD programming.
Issues with reception.

Not I am an a bigot.

I guess your one of those people who hide behind a keyboard, and spout bigotry in safe. BET creation's was the result of networks refusing to play black videos and shows. BET would also play white, or any other ethnic group music/videos. You are an idiot who is making this a race issue.

PQ
Hrs of HD programming.
Issues with reception.

Not I am an a bigot.
This reminds me of a funny and ironic situation that occurred at my parents house a few years back.

About 18 years ago my sister was dating an African American. He was over at my parents house and I was watching MTV. We were discussing the fact that Michael Jackson was the first black artists to get any significant air time on MTV. (They happened to be playing some rock video at the time.) He then turned the channel to CMT and as he was turning, he stated, "this station never shows any black artists". Immediately after he turned the station to CMT they happened to be playing an Aaron Neville country video. :p

This reminds me of a funny and ironic situation that occurred at my parents house a few years back.

About 18 years ago my sister was dating an African American. He was over at my parents house and I was watching MTV. We were discussing the fact that Michael Jackson was the first black artists to get any significant air time on MTV. (They happened to be playing some rock video at the time.) He then turned the channel to CMT and as he was turning, he stated, "this station never shows any black artists". Immediately after he turned the station to CMT they happened to be playing an Aaron Neville country video. :p

:) I will pretty much will watch anything except the LMN stuff. Not even the HD version can get me to watch.

PQ
Hrs of HD programming.
Issues with reception.

Not I am an a bigot.

Thanks for explaining that to some of these ignorant people. There is RFD TV (Rural Farming Development or whatever it means), JLTV (Jewish Life Television), and countless Hispanic stations but everyone makes a issue about BET. I admit that it has lost it's purpose, but initially it was created to be a voice for the black community that was mostly uplifting. Now it is MTV Jr. I applaud the fact that they are in HD and they have shown more HD in five days than CMT has in two years of being on the air. So don't say that this station is a waste of bandwidth. Just because you don't get it or care to get it doesn't mean that it is irrelevant.

Thanks for explaining that to some of these ignorant people. There is RFD TV (Rural Farming Development or whatever it means), JLTV (Jewish Life Television), and countless Hispanic stations but everyone makes a issue about BET. I admit that it has lost it's purpose, but initially it was created to be a voice for the black community that was mostly uplifting. Now it is MTV Jr. I applaud the fact that they are in HD and they have shown more HD in five days than CMT has in two years of being on the air. So don't say that this station is a waste of bandwidth. Just because you don't get it or care to get it doesn't mean that it is irrelevant.

PQ
Hrs of HD programming.
Issues with reception.

Not I am an a bigot.
Great Posts spot on!:up

Hey where is the tolerance for diversity of opinion. Remember one man's ceiling is another's man's floor. I can't wait for CET to give a voice to Chinese issues. Can you imagine that in HD

I watch USA a lot. '
That really the only channel number I know by heart on FIOS. All the other channels I guess at.

The only event on tv better than the Westminister Dog Show is the Westminister Dog Show in high definition.:D

BET and CET are directly related. The only thread crapping is yours.
As the OP, I would prefer we simply sick to the discussion of BET. Referencing other HD, cultural, or foreign channels in the discussion while discussing BET is not a problem; but turning it into a thread about foreign language channels is taking it off topic.

Keep it to BET. Obviously a channel like this can stir feelings of a diverse nature. Lets keep the rest to discussion of the channel itself. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts