Beta Testers Wanted - Sling Media Wants YOU!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Sling Media is looking for SatelliteGuys members to help test its DISH Anywhere and DISH Explorer Products! Below is the information that was sent me to pass along from Sling Media. PLEASE: IF YOU APPLY PLEASE DO NOT PM ME SEEKING THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION AS I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SELECTION PROCESS. If I get any updates I will post them here.

We here at SatelliteGuys thank the folks at Sling Media for choosing our members to help test their new products! Our members seem to have the knack to finding issues that were never dreamed about and that's why we think your guys will make great testers. :)

Below is the information from Sling. :)

Sling Media is actively recruiting testers for its Dish Anywhere and Dish Explorer beta programs. If you are interested in joining please take a look at the details below.

Requirements:

An active Dish TV account in good standing.
A computer or portable device available for testing (have at least one of the following).
iOS device (iPhone and/or iPad) running iOS 7.0 or newer
and / or Android device (phone and/or tablet) running Android version 4 or newer.
PC running Windows 7 or newer.
Mac running OS X 10.8 or newer.

Additional requirements will be revealed if you are selected to participate in the beta program.

Expectations:

You must be willing to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), i.e., keep a zipped lip about confidential information.

If selected, you will be expected to:
Install and use beta software on a (roughly) weekly basis.
Tell us promptly about anything weird or annoying with the software.
Complete any surveys sent out during the beta period.

How to apply:

Please fill out the following (items with an * at the end are required) and email it to dishbeta@slingmedia.com. We will review your information and send you an update in the coming days.

Full Name*:
SatelliteGuys forum username*:
Current Employer:
Current Dish Subscriber (yes or no)*:
Receiver model (e.g. Hopper, Hopper with Sling, ViP922, etc.) *:
Satellites Locations Received (located in the diagnostics section of your Dish receiver)*:
Phone service (yes or no)*:
Broadband service (yes or no)*:
SD TV (yes or no)*:
HD TV (yes or no)*:
OTA (yes or no)*:
Why do you want to be a Dish Anywhere / Dish Explorer beta tester*?
Additional comments:

The requirements are spelled out above. To me it reads you need to have a Dish DVR that has Sling Support. I do not think that includes a stand along Slingbox.

Hmmm. I've got all they want but the Mac, in multiples. And it certainly would not be the first NDA I've signed.

Yet, not sure I want to let loose my identity to them. A few know my real name, and I am not too strict about disguising my identity- but who knows where Sling might let that info go? OTOH, Dish knows who I am.......

The requirements are spelled out above. To me it reads you need to have a Dish DVR that has Sling Support. I do not think that includes a stand along Slingbox.

That's how I read it too. How about the Sling Adapter on a 722?

Edited to add: Well, I sent in my application anyhow. They can reject me if they want.

Last edited:
Where does it say anything about Sling Support?
The last question on the application mentions DISH Anywhere which is a Slingloaded thing (it no longer works with conventional Slingboxes).

The inclusion of the original Hopper in the list is the only puzzler.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)