Votes: 36 48.6%
  • HR2* Not Networked or connected to Internet

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Other please explain

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Excellent, I use the VOD feature a lot on my HR-20 and I love it.

Although I can't understand if its been released to everyone then why are they still calling it a Beta? :D

Excellent, I use the VOD feature a lot on my HR-20 and I love it.

Although I can't understand if its been released to everyone then why are they still calling it a Beta? :D

Yes I enjoy the VOD also, until all the bugs are worked out I think that is why it is still a BETA although it is available to all now with the latest national release as you mentioned.
:)

I read in another forum (not sure which now) that D*'s original plan was to roll out VOD via satellite, not requiring high speed internet.

Has anyone heard this, and if so, has anything else been said about it?

Some of do not have HS internet, and would like to see some VOD without it, like the cable co.'s can do.

I don't care how slow it would be, I would set some for download at bedtime, and watch the next day.

I read in another forum (not sure which now) that D*'s original plan was to roll out VOD via satellite, not requiring high speed internet.

Has anyone heard this, and if so, has anything else been said about it?

Some of do not have HS internet, and would like to see some VOD without it, like the cable co.'s can do.

I don't care how slow it would be, I would set some for download at bedtime, and watch the next day.

If DirecTV were to offer VOD via satellite it would likely require them to add more satellites to permit all potential 16.5 million subscribers to be able to request programming simultaneously. This might stress DirecTV servers.

I too wish it could be done, and easily at minimal expense for the customer and DirecTV.

Is it possible to connect two HR20's without a PC or internet, so I could watch a program on one box or the other from either TV?

Kinda like using a crossover cable to connect one PC to another.

What you are referring to is called MRV (multi-room viewing). Though it is highly desirable, it is not available.

I have my HR20-100 networked and Mediashare & VOD are working but my DSL download speeds are too slow for VOD to be of much use to me. Mediashare is working fine so far.

Should have an option for have VOD but it takes 8 hours to downloand a 30 min show over a 1.5Mbit connection. :eek: Really I set it up to download 7 shows last night and this morning, it still was working on the first one... (Hooked up wired through a lynksis router)

You are very correct on speeds. I have 3.0M dsl and it takes me a few hours to download a 1 hour show. I have it connected wirelessly with a gaming adapter. I don't think theres and issue with the wireless connection because my streaming MP3's and photos work fine through media share. (I hate to see what High Def shows are going to be like)

You are very correct on speeds. I have 3.0M dsl and it takes me a few hours to download a 1 hour show. I have it connected wirelessly with a gaming adapter. I don't think theres and issue with the wireless connection because my streaming MP3's and photos work fine through media share. (I hate to see what High Def shows are going to be like)

I have 6 Mbps connection from Comcast and it downloads a 2 hour movie in about 45 minutes or less. I have been impressed with the performance of VOD. Download times will vary from market, and connection type and speed. It would be the same if you use your computer to download a large file, whether that be a video file, or data file. Other factors that can hinder performance would be using the internet on you computer at the same time of downloading a VOD program.

I have 6 Mbps connection from Comcast and it downloads a 2 hour movie in about 45 minutes or less. I have been impressed with the performance of VOD. Download times will vary from market, and connection type and speed. It would be the same if you use your computer to download a large file, whether that be a video file, or data file. Other factors that can hinder performance would be using the internet on you computer at the same time of downloading a VOD program.

My connection is fine. I can download files on my laptop with good speed. My Connection consistantly tests at 1.5 mbps (which is the speed I pay for)... So it should take me 4 times longer to download than you on any given day. So 7 hours for a 30 min program seems wrong. I also get non stop error messages saying I am not connected, but when I test it scomes out fine. So something is up, just wish I knew what.

My connection is fine. I can download files on my laptop with good speed. My Connection consistantly tests at 1.5 mbps (which is the speed I pay for)... So it should take me 4 times longer to download than you on any given day. So 7 hours for a 30 min program seems wrong. I also get non stop error messages saying I am not connected, but when I test it scomes out fine. So something is up, just wish I knew what.

Yes download times vary from internet service provider, and ignore the not connected message, your download will resume. Obviously the faster the connection you have the quicker it will download. As you know many factors impact download performance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)