Better Half to miss VOOM

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
When I signed up for VOOM in the middle of Janurary(after many botched efforts through out the fall 2004) my wife was saying "We have D*,we don't really need VOOM do we".I told her that it was possible that they would be shutting down on 3/31/05 and that I really just wanted to check them out before something like that happened,to see what was possible if someone or some company put in a real effort to make changes.I think that she thought I was scamming her and that VOOM had no possibilaty of shutting down and that I was just adding more toys to my arsneal.Well for the first time last night she said"Wait,what is the "Important Message" on the screen,(I thought she had seen it when she changed channels for the youngest kids to Animamania(SP) ,as we were looking for some to watch.I told her"You didn't see this yet?They are shutting on 4/30/05" get this folks,for someone that was at first giving me a bit of a hard time,she was acutally bummed out.Her last comment before I hit the sack was "I was really starting to like VOOM,all the different choices-what are we going to do now.I got up and glanced out the window,then went back to bed.She asked me "Why did you do that",I just wanted to make sure that the world was not coming to an end-"Good Night" If VOOM converted my wife"Oh the possibilties if it had lasted

Just realized today is our 1 year VOOM anniversary. I celebrated the occasion by adding three new HD DVRs...unfortunately, they are Adelphia's SA8300HD and not VOOM's DVR-580. What a shame! My wife, who just recently jumped on board the VOOM fanclub after they FINALLY added the Lifetime channels, told me that she is really gong to all the HD. She looked quite unhappy when she mentioned not bering able to listen to our 3 year old enjoy Animania while she did her chores, "I don't be able to hear that Henry's World and I want a dog song any longer." Lastly, although my wife is extremely intelligent she simply can not or will not learn how to use our universal remotes (SL-9000 and MX-700). However, she had absolutely no problem using VOOMs remote control and loved the Programming Guide. She is NOT HAPPY about using another remote and she is going to hate the Adelphia Programming Guide - it's horrible!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)