gonna miss at least one thing about voom...

Tokebuddude

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
I'm really gonna miss the monsters channel.. but other than that voom can go to you know where.. I just paid to have voom moved to my new house and had to shell out 125 bux to get it moved, and that was a week ago and now they tell me "Oh well..." don't know what I'm gonna get now directtv, dish, or cox? I think cox cable is getting better but what is everyone else doing? Is there any good deals that anyone knows about? Good HD channels to look for? etc. etc... :confused:

for me its comcast or directv. directv wants 299 per hd box. thats 600 dollars wih no tnthd.comcast will cost me 129 a month to come close to the amount of channels i had with voom still with no tnthd.dishnetwork i left them 6 months ago and i hate talking to csr in india about hd technology. so for me its comcast. at least i get my rsn. :(

Ouch CF, Call em back and wheel n deal a bit. Im having to give them my old old DTV box, but its been in a box in my basement for a cpl yrs after I went to DTV/Tivo unit so no real loss to me. Anyway by surrendering the old box Im getting:

Digital Platinum pkg
HD addon (includes all movie channels and here all local hd networks WB Fox CBS ABC NBC in HD)
2 HD/DVR Units
Total cost $19 for install and then 93.00 a month total cost for service n box rentals ($83 if went with just one unit)

Considering with Comcast it looks like you only get one feed of the movie channel hd's ie hbohd no hbohdw figure getting an extra 15 hrs of hd storage for 9 a month was worth it since means can record up to 4 movies/shows at same time so if conflicts I wont have to choose hehe.

thats good but i sent the boxes back im try to give them a call. i really want tnthd. but i will give them a call i still have the dish up ill just tell them to hookup the ota if i get a good deal like you did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)