BEV 9242 basic install

sqfoot

Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
Canada
I would just like confirmation before I go up on the roof in the bitter cold that my thoughts for setup are right.

- I just have one 9242 receiver
- I currently have only one lnb and I understand it I need to add another lnb to make it two
- then connect one line from 82 and one from 91 to a switch and then to the receiver. I need to do this for both lnb and then run the two lines form the switch to the receiver.
- I have 2 sw21 switches, do I need any boosting or stuff like that?

Thank you for your help

welcome :wave

you pretty much got it right. If you have one LNB for 91 right now you would need a 2nd LNB for 82...couple ways to do it

-the way you posted above (2 LNB's and 2 SW21's)
-get a Legacy or DishPro Twin. This has the built in switches and you run both lines to the receiver
-get a DishProPlus Twin and a Dish Separator. Not only does this have the built in switch but allows you to use one line from the LNB to the receiver then separate to both inputs on the receiver

since you have everything but the 2nd Legacy dual LNB that might be the cheapest. But if you can get the DPP Twin and a separator then you dont need a 2nd line run (unless you already have two lines run)

edit...what DIsh do you have? DO you have the Dish500 with the "Y" adapter and the empty slot or a normal 18" dish?

I was hoping you would reply Iceberg, I have been reading a number of your informative responses.
Right now I have an 18" single lnb mounted and working, but I have a new 22" with a y adapter and an extra lnb ready to go if needed.

I second the DPP Twin and separator solution. Makes it so much easier (especially in the cold). Check ebay.ca.

I was hoping you would reply Iceberg, I have been reading a number of your informative responses.
Right now I have an 18" single lnb mounted and working, but I have a new 22" with a y adapter and an extra lnb ready to go if needed.

I would use the 91 degree LNBF and a single line (No SW21) back to the receiver to aim the Dish.

Set the skew first then just adjust Left/right and up/down to peak the signal.

When set, tighten up and then connect to the 82 LNBF, it should now be good.

Then connect the 2 x SW21's connect to receiver, run a Check Switch, and enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)