BEV - From 91 to HD - Install Questions

Dish_Dan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2006
- I live in the GTA, and presently have an 18" circular non-skewable dish aimed at 91.
- I want to re-aim this to get HD (91/82).
- I've got the y-bracket, 2 x dual LNBFs, and SW44 already.
- Do I really need a new dish with skew adjustment, or can my old dish just be re-pointed to 82?
- If yes, then the only skewable that my local FTA shop sells is elliptical.
- Will the elliptical dish work for BEV?
- Your advice much appreciated. Thx.

If this is going to be your first venture into Bell TV HD, why not get them to do you the entire Upgrade for FREE. Just call tell them you have an HD receiver, they will book a Tech to come and install all the equipment required, for FREE.

To answer your questions;

An 18" dish is made to look at 1 Sat location, so even if you buy a special part from your FTA dealer it will be a major compromise.

Adding the "Y" bracket from a 20" Dish to your 18" dish will change the focal point of the signals from the Dish surface to the LNBF's most probably resulting in very poor signals.

Yes you MUST skew the Dish to get maximum Signals from BOTH Sat locations. That should be around 98 degrees in the GTA.

Don't waste you money on a cheap Elliptical from the FTA shop. Plenty of true Bell 20" Dish's available on the net, at around $50, you will get the real deal. But why pay, when Bell will do it all for FREE......

- Thanks.
- I bought (not rented) a 2nd HD box (9242) from Future shop. It didn't come with the dish, just the box.
- As I understand it. They'll only do an install if I'm a new customer with a new set-up?? Am I mistaken?
- BTW, my old, non-skewable dish is a relic from my old DiSH Network setup in the 1990s.

- Thanks.
- I bought (not rented) a 2nd HD box (9242) from Future shop. It didn't come with the dish, just the box.
- As I understand it. They'll only do an install if I'm a new customer with a new set-up?? Am I mistaken?
- BTW, my old, non-skewable dish is a relic from my old DiSH Network setup in the 1990s.
seriously, call them, wait on hold, ask if they will do it. worst case scenario, they say no, you threaten to leave and see if they change mind, then you buy dish off CL for like $30 and DIY

If you are new to programming on 82W which carries all Bell TV's HD channels they will do the upgrade for free. Like Frenchophile said call them.

StarChoice (Shaw) Cleveland Ohio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)