BEV HDMI issues

gordp

Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
Toronto
Hi Guys this is my first post so... be kind.

I have three BEV recievers, 2 6100 HD, 1 9242 PVR. None of them will provide an HDMI output. I am able to get a signal from my Bluray player in HDMI to the TV, but nothing from the HDMI. So I am stuck using the three cables for the YPbPr and a set of Audio cables. Too many wires, I would like to be able to use the one HDMI.

What am doing wrong? I am using all Toshiba HD Televisions. Could it be the Tv's?

Thanks,

gordp said:
Hi Guys this is my first post so... be kind.

I have three BEV recievers, 2 6100 HD, 1 9242 PVR. None of them will provide an HDMI output. I am able to get a signal from my Bluray player in HDMI to the TV, but nothing from the HDMI. So I am stuck using the three cables for the YPbPr and a set of Audio cables. Too many wires, I would like to be able to use the one HDMI.

What am doing wrong? I am using all Toshiba HD Televisions. Could it be the Tv's?

Thanks,

If you know the bluray is working, swap the HDMI from the back of the blueray and install in the BEV receiver. See if this works.

BTW Bell is swapping the 6100 to either 6131 or 6141, so you may want to call and ask to get your new receivers. Reason is all their HD stuff is going to MPEG 4 in the future, so they have to upgrade the 6100/9200s.

Cheers

I have tried that and still no picture. Seems to be the recievers.

I own these receivers, will Bell upgrade owned recievers?

Thanks,

Thnaks guys, I called Bell and sure enough they will upgrade my recievers. They don't have stock right now so I have to wait, but still this is great news.

Thanks,

gordp said:
Thnaks guys, I called Bell and sure enough they will upgrade my recievers. They don't have stock right now so I have to wait, but still this is great news.

Thanks,

I would call back. Tell the CSR you have received the letter, and you want the swap. I can not see Bell not having inventory left after only two weeks of the program start date. If you get the same answer on your next call, ask to speak with second tier tech support.

Cheers

Im wondering if other technicians have run into problems where HDMI doesn't work straight from the receiver to the tv. I have run into it a few times on Bell TV and Shaw Direct receivers. I have heard there in consistencies with HDMI because there is no actual standard for equipment, so communication issues can occur between pieces of equipment. If anyone can comment on this, that would be great!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)