BEV in Naples FL

NaplesFatCat

Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Naples, FL
I am a Canadian with a home in Naples FL (zip 34120). I have a HD BEV PVR Reviever. I installed an 18 inch dish but have not been able to get satellite 82. Will a larger dish 36 inch dish help or is this just an exercise in futility...I was hoping someone with local experience might help me out.

Maybe

You need to Google Nimiq 4 foot print and hope you can find it (I couldn't). If its like Nimiq 2, a larger dish may do the trick. See
Foot Prints on Nimiq 2 :: TrackSat.com

for the Nimiq 2 foot print.

Also you may get a better answer by re-posting your question in the FTA section as regulars there are familiar with foot print vs. dish size issues. Be sure to indicate that its a BEV receiver you are using or you will be accused of being a hacker.

From what I read the new Nimiq 4 satellite is aimed more north (towards Canada) and will not work in Florida. Your only hope for Canadian HD in Florida is Starchoice.

As DJ Rob pointed out, we lost 82 here in Florida when the new sat went live last fall. I'm 30 miles north of you in Cape Coral, and had BEV for many years.

Those of us in the "Southern provinces" were hoping we would get back the HD channels we had been missing for the last couple of years when they launched Nimiq 4, only to be truly disappointed when we lost them all.

No size dish will pick it up. Starchoice is the only way to go, and they don't seem to care if you are in the US, as long as you have a Canadian address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)