BEV to Release New HD Rx'ers?....

M Law

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 30, 2003
The link below indicates that BEV will be rolling out the re-badged Dish HD Rx'ers in April. Have to assume they are moving to MPEG4 sooner rather than later. Wonder what deals will be offered? I paid a pretty penny for a 9200 and I hate to just keep poring more money into this, especially since they keep losing channels for those of us in the south...

http://www.digitalhome.ca/content/view/1695/98/

That really sucks as the newer receivers are hell with skiddish signals and the sequence they go through after a reception error.

I have heard that the 9200 receiver has not been available in some areas for several weeks. Not sure if they are just backordered or holding off for new receiver as you stated.

I have heard that the 9200 receiver has not been available in some areas for several weeks. Not sure if they are just backordered or holding off for new receiver as you stated.

92X0 and 61X0 are on existing stock (EVu or distributors/dealers) and once its gone its gone till the new IRDs are shipped.

Reality is that no one knows what exactly is happening, but the above seems to be the consistant rumour on the forums and confirmed by Best Buy & Future Shop as to stock availability.

Another indicator is that EVu is letting ANYONE buy the XX20 boxes which are supposed to be new customer only packages.

From the Bell Website refering to the 92X0 HD PVR Receiver:

Due to high demand, this system is currently not available for purchase online or through our call centres however, it can be ordered as part of the All-in-One HD Extra Combo or as part of a Build Your Own combo.

If you'd prefer to purchase this system, return to this page later as it will be updated when our inventory is replenished. Or, you may contact your local retailer as some locations may still have this system in stock and available for purchase.
-----------

If new receiver is in the horizon, I would think you would want it out sooner than later. This can't be good for business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)