Beware HBO/Showtime 2 for 1 offer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Galoot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2008
I logged into my DTV account last week and noticed a 3 month offer for HBO/Showtime for $17.99 a month for three months together. No mention of this being offered only to new customers.

Today I received my statement online and was charged $30 for both.

I have an email confirmation of the $17.99/month offer from a week ago.

On the phone now with CSR who is denying this was offered to me and they still want to charge me the full price instead of pro-rating for a week. None too happy right now.

They've taken the full price charge off, but won't honor the original offer. They have offered HBO for 6 months at $12.99 a month without me asking for it. Ugh.

If you logged in to your account, and it shows the 2 for 1 offer, then it should be for anybody that it shows in the programming page, because if it was for new customers only then it wouldn't show in the first place, they would get free premiums for 3 months anyway when they signed up, unless you received discounts or currently subscribe to those premiums already, would probably be the only exception.

Read the last sentence that's probably why

HBO & Cinemax Special Offer
For a limited time, when you order HBO®, you get Cinemax® FREE for three months. That's a total of 10 HBO® channels (9 in HD) and 8 Cinemax®channels (8 in HD) for only $17.99 per month for 3 months. You'll receive a $12.01 monthly credit for Cinemax® on your billing statement for a period of three months. Valid only for customers who do not currently subscribe to either HBO® or Cinemax®.
You may see Cinemax billed on your account for 6-8 weeks until credits apply

Last edited:
I don't show HBO/Showtime on my offers, but I was seriously thinking about Showtime & Starz @ $13.99/mo for 3 months. I also found one of those $50 cash back if you supply 3 months of bills, so Showtime would in essence net me a profit of $8...

Or are these rebates a nightmare? I'm planning on doing it at the start of next billing cycle on the 26th.

It's not worth it to me with those offers, when all they show are repeats after repeats of the same movies, other than series shows, But I'll rather watch it on Netflix, or buy the season on Itunes, or other non legal ways.

I don't show HBO/Showtime on my offers
Do you currently subscribe to either one? If so, they will not show up since your not eligible if you already subscribe to either.

I noticed this HBO/Showtime 2 for 1 briefly appear at a time last week but since then I hadn't seen it till I checked again after reading this thread. Sure enough it is there again. I checked three DirecTV online accounts that I have access too; the two DirecTV accounts that do not subscribe to either have the offer listed, the third account (my account) doesn't show it since a subscription to those channels are already active.

This specific offer is also not listed on this page.
HBO SHO 2 for 1.JPG

We were going to burn through Game Of Thrones and watch True Blood this summer. Also Episodes and Penny Dreadful on Showtime. I bit at the HBO discount offer and will likely get most of Boardwalk Empire through early December. Maybe check out Veep, True Detective and Girls. I love me some HBO but can't come around to paying full price yet.

HBO & Showtime 2 for 1 | Starz & Cinemax 2 for 1 Special Offers both require you call to order, so to the TS it shouldn't have let you activated the offer online at that time. That is probably why you never received the credit...

If you click Activate Now on either offer it states: To get both HBO and Showtime [or Starz & Cinemax] for the price of 1 for 3 months, please call 1-800-531-5000. This offer is not available for online ordering.

The other two: Starz & Showtime 2 for 1 | HBO & Cinemax 2 for 1 offers allow you to activate them online.

We were going to burn through Game Of Thrones and watch True Blood this summer. Also Episodes and Penny Dreadful on Showtime. I bit at the HBO discount offer and will likely get most of Boardwalk Empire through early December. Maybe check out Veep, True Detective and Girls. I love me some HBO but can't come around to paying full price yet.

might I suggest you check out silicon valley as well? best show HBO has had in years, IMHO.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I'm definitely checking out Silicon Valley. I've heard great things about it! I recorded several movies from the Cinemax preview over the weekend that I've been meaning to get to including The World's End.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)