Beyond frustration!!!!!

Mark0

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
Lowell, MA
Does training for Dish Network tech support iunclude riding unicycles and juggling balls???

3 problems in 2 days and still no resolution.

Firsst problem started a week ago with one of my 612's. The hard drive faiuled. Dish sent me a replacement receiver which surprisingly was in used condition but with shrink wrap.... in any case, it too had a defective drive. Called tech support and they say it must be a grounding issue. Sure... whatever, i can hear the drive ticking, but it's a grounding issue. :rant:They're 99.9% sure it can't be a defective drive.

So while they plan to send out a tech, I cehck my channel guide and notice I'm no longer getting NESN. They tell me I'm now no longer in New England. Hmm, that's news to me. Finally they admit I'm still supposed to get the channel but they can't fix it from India, need to call tech support in US. Tech support says I'm supposed to get it, but there is nothing they can do in Colorado, they got to send a tech out.

Three hours on the phone and I still have two busted receivers and not getting all my channels. Freaking clowns.

Sorry, frustrated and had to rant.

Oh, btw, Dish says there is no such thing as them not carrying a Red Sox game not broadcast in HD. Comcast and Direct TV must be upconverting standard def games into HD. Amazing.

"Oh, btw, Dish says there is no such thing as them not carrying a Red Sox game not broadcast in HD. Comcast and Direct TV must be upconverting standard def games into HD. Amazing."

LOL. Right. I will admit, I cant remember the last time the reds were only in SD.

Either way, dont deal with the call center in India. Everytime I got put through there I hang up. The first time I actually used them and they made me do a check switch which because my satellite wasn't picking up 119 or 129 because it got knocked out of alignement by wind made me only have a few channels in the guide. One week later my dish was realigned and check switch again.

Your best and most hassel free way to resolve any problems is to use the online chat from my experience.

Agree. I've had 2 for 1.5 years without problems. I think they let more defective 612's out the door than with other models.

The overall consensus around here for YEARS is they are not up to par. YMMV.

Well I have 2 612's and only issues are hard drive related. Lost all my recordings on one and the other's hard drive crapped out last week. Replacement receiver with same problem, tech was supposed to be here this morning, but got delayed to this afternoon. I asked him to bring more than one 612.

Still no NESN. Not sure what the problem is with that. Sometimes it shows up in my guide(s) but now it's gone again. Hmmm, are they relocating channels to other birds?

Mark0 said:
Well I have 2 612's and only issues are hard drive related. Lost all my recordings on one and the other's hard drive crapped out last week. Replacement receiver with same problem, tech was supposed to be here this morning, but got delayed to this afternoon. I asked him to bring more than one 612.

Still no NESN. Not sure what the problem is with that. Sometimes it shows up in my guide(s) but now it's gone again. Hmmm, are they relocating channels to other birds?

The 722ks are garbage! We have gone through 3 within the last year. Our 722 non k has worked flawlessly for 2 years.

I would either use the online chat or talk to an actual Dish retailer. I'm really surprised with how many people go directly to Dish when they want to sign up.

Had my 722k for 1.5 years also and my parents are enjoying using it right now. Now the 7100/7200 dishplayers gave me some grief. I replaced many 721s also. The 811 was a piece of crap and the 921 needed constant monitoring and baby sitting to get it to work as a digital vcr that it was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts