BHN cfl raising prices

Is it possible to have to receivers in the same room and use one remote to control them at different times? In other words not control box b while controlling box a.

Time Warner Cable, Brighthouse, Cablevision, Mediacom, Charter and overbuilder WOW are the major cable companies that don’t offer the NFL Network. Comcast had a lot of issues with them but has carried NFL Net for a while now. None of these cable companies have lost a significant amount of subscribers by not carrying the NFL Network. Sure some have left, but not enough to have a negative impact. These are businesses, not charity operations, and despite what many people think, these companies have some very intelligent people working for them and when it is all said and done, it’s not hurting them too bad by choosing not to carry the NFL Network. So there is no reason for them to offer it.

I love NFL, I love sports, but in all honesty, the NFL Network is a stinker. I watched it when I had DirecTV, my uncle has Dish Network, I see it at his house, the network is lame. IMO, ESPN does a better job with highlights and analyses. And while I love watching NFL RedZone on my phone, it just shows how greedy the NFL actually is. There is no reason for Red Zone to be a separate service at an additional cost, it could just be a programming block on NFL Network as during Sunday afternoons NFL Network is basically just a scoreboard channel.

I for one hope the NFL Network is NEVER EVER EVER added to TWC/BHN! As usual TWC/BHN are doing good, more power to them!

wow and i totally disagree. espn has become a joke. they are more devoted to presenting tabloid news than real journalism. and nfl network, imho, does have some good points.

Steve Mehs said:
Nope, you cannot set up each box with it's own remote control address, unfortunately.

Damn. Well now I have to figure out something else. They offered me a tv deal but if I can't have two DVr's in the same room that causes a problem. Ugh.

You can do it that way you'd just have to use the front panel power button to turn DVR A so DVR B would remain in standby and therefore not be affected by remote commands. Basically all powering up and down would have to be done on the box itself everything else could be done with the remote. If doing it that way is not a problem or too big of a pain for you, there's nothing stopping you from doing just that. I was thinking about doing the same thing back in the Fall due to the amount of TV I was recording but then as shows started getting canceled and I started to lose interest in a few new series, it was a moot point.

Huh? How did all the providers make a killing with FCC digital transition? You do realize that transition did not apply to the cable companies, sat companies etc and only to over the air broadcasters right? BHN still provides over 60 analog channels. If anything BHN and the cable companies have lost money because of the FCCs rulings like there annoying "seperable security" requirement, and the whole cable card fiasco.

And yes BHN and others upgraded their network to remain competitive, but that does not take away the fact an upgraded network costs more money.

Yeah right, TWC and BHN lost millions forcing many subs into digital boxes. For example, like my 93 year old Dad, whom has had HBO for over 30 years and removed it completely from analog service, forcing him to have a stb to view it.

Every cable sub SHOULD be FORCED to have an STB. There is no reason for analog cable to exist in the year 2011. It's a massive waste of bandwidth that can be used for better things. For every analog channel removed you can have two HD channels or 8-10 SD channels with minimal compression. Time to get with the times here folks! Satellite has required STBs since day one, cable should be the same!

Every cable sub SHOULD be FORCED to have an STB. There is no reason for analog cable to exist in the year 2011. It's a massive waste of bandwidth that can be used for better things. For every analog channel removed you can have two HD channels or 8-10 SD channels with minimal compression. Time to get with the times here folks! Satellite has required STBs since day one, cable should be the same!

Spoken like a man whom works for Cable Company and wants those extra receiver fees.

So satellite doesn't charge for extra receivers? The beloved overrated crap called Verizon Fios doesn't have extra terminal fees? There is no reason crappy, fuzzy, analog cable should still be around. Being subjected to analog cable makes my eyes bleed. And I doubt cable companies really make that much off of set top rentals. These things don't come free from Motorola and Cisco, ya know. Cable companies have to purchase them from somewhere. But sooner or later all cablecos will be close to 100% digital only, so might as well get used to it. It's called progress.

Yeah right, TWC and BHN lost millions forcing many subs into digital boxes. For example, like my 93 year old Dad, whom has had HBO for over 30 years and removed it completely from analog service, forcing him to have a stb to view it.

Well that was not because of the FCC digital transition. That was the company doing what it had to do to upgrade its network and move into the future. Not to mention at each point of channels being moved BHN/TWC have offered a digital box for 1$ a month to those customers effected by the move. Hardly a reaping of heavy profit. Also note that at most there were 2-3 HBO channels on analog. So your father was only getting 3 of almost 15 channels for the same price. Now he is getting all the channels for the same price.

Spoken like a man whom works for Cable Company and wants those extra receiver fees.

No spoken like someone with common sense. You know for each spot 1 analog channel takes up BHN.TWC can add over 15 digital channels? Face it island the future is digital, analog is a thing of the past. I and every other cable customer yerns for the day of being all digital think of the possibilities with that much open bandwidth? Why do I care about receiver fees? I dont get any extra if you have a box or not. I and steve certainly are only looking at it from a technology stand point.

So satellite doesn't charge for extra receivers? The beloved overrated crap called Verizon Fios doesn't have extra terminal fees? There is no reason crappy, fuzzy, analog cable should still be around. Being subjected to analog cable makes my eyes bleed. And I doubt cable companies really make that much off of set top rentals. These things don't come free from Motorola and Cisco, ya know. Cable companies have to purchase them from somewhere. But sooner or later all cablecos will be close to 100% digital only, so might as well get used to it. It's called progress.

I guess he would rather us also still use bag phones? Or the tele graph machine? I mean when the telegraph machine went away it forced people to buy a phone to communicate long distance.

I guess he would rather us also still use bag phones? Or the tele graph machine? I mean when the telegraph machine went away it forced people to buy a phone to communicate long distance.

No that is not the case. I have had both Satellite (Dish) and Cable and now Digital Cable with Time Warner for the past two years, and years ago with the "Great Rigas Adelphia System). IMHO, picture and equipment wise, DBS Satellite beats them hands down. The one slight advantage that cable might have is VOD; however with the advent of IPTV , that may soon be a non-factor. In the past two years with TWC, between Netflix Streaming and now with my new Samsung Apps of VUDU HD and Roxio Cinema Now; I can see no need for digital cable, especially for a provider whom won't make available channels that subs truly want (i.e. HD Net, NFL Network and other 24 hr HD RSNs). So come May when my NHLCI Package is over with; I will drop my TWC subscription down to High Speed Roadrunner with local basic broadcast channels only (as you state those useless analog and QAM Local Digital) and move over to Directv for less monthly fees, better equipment, and receive the channels I truly want and not be dictated to by Corporate Cableguys to decide what is best for me.:)

No that is not the case. I have had both Satellite (Dish) and Cable and now Digital Cable with Time Warner for the past two years, and years ago with the "Great Rigas Adelphia System). IMHO, picture and equipment wise, DBS Satellite beats them hands down. The one slight advantage that cable might have is VOD; however with the advent of IPTV , that may soon be a non-factor. In the past two years with TWC, between Netflix Streaming and now with my new Samsung Apps of VUDU HD and Roxio Cinema Now; I can see no need for digital cable, especially for a provider whom won't make available channels that subs truly want (i.e. HD Net, NFL Network and other 24 hr HD RSNs). So come May when my NHLCI Package is over with; I will drop my TWC subscription down to High Speed Roadrunner with local basic broadcast channels only (as you state those useless analog and QAM Local Digital) and move over to Directv for less monthly fees, better equipment, and receive the channels I truly want and not be dictated to by Corporate Cableguys to decide what is best for me.:)

Wait so Directv is not telling you whats best for you? Monthly fees? my "other" fees are almost as much as my actualy programing. Not sure what any of this means.

Can you guys tell me what size hard drive is in the DCH6416, DCT6200 dct6416, DCX3400. those appear to be the boxes used locally. I am considering moving to Brighthouse because of a deal they are offering. Ive never been a fan of the these moto boxes.(COMCAST Former) only because they never seem to hold much HD content, which is not good in this house. I am going to try to work out a deal to pick the best ones, but not sure if any of these are even worth it. Also can you add an external drive to any of these?

Can you guys tell me what size hard drive is in the DCH6416, DCT6200 dct6416, DCX3400. those appear to be the boxes used locally. I am considering moving to Brighthouse because of a deal they are offering. Ive never been a fan of the these moto boxes.(COMCAST Former) only because they never seem to hold much HD content, which is not good in this house. I am going to try to work out a deal to pick the best ones, but not sure if any of these are even worth it. Also can you add an external drive to any of these?

are any of those boxes you mention made by samsung. i have a samsung hd dvr that has a 500gb hard drive in it.

Well with cable quality certainly does change from area to area. Cant speak for your area but here in Orlando the quality BHN offers compared to the other providers and the price is no compeition. BHN blows them away. And based on the market numbers im not the only one who believes this. (dish/direc/att and centurylink) all have very low penetration numbers and BHNS churn rate in the area is an industry best. But in your are it may certainly be different your cable system might just suck.

Maybe you should jump on the DTV forums to see all the people there who complain about the same thing you are complaining about "how dare they decide hwat channels i get etc etc etc" "Why want DTV carry channel X" etc.. This is not an issue that only TWC/BHN/Cable deals with. Everyone has different tastes in programming and you need to pick the provider who fits your needs best. If NFL is your thing then No one can beat Directvs NFL deal (with sunday ticket, redzone, etc etc)

And yes those analog channels are useless, they need to all be made digital.

BHN here has 2 different sizes. Between 250 and 500GB.. So its probally one of those ;)

I believe the new moto boxes are 500gb.. along with the samsungs.

And yes those analog channels are useless, they need to all be made digital.

If you were from the Western New York Area, you would not make the quoted statement above; whereas within those useless Analog Channels are two major Canadian Network Channels (CBC and CTV), with CBC carrying NHL Hockey In Canada and CTV which carries "live" coverage of Olympics during Olympic years that you just don't get in the U.S. Any of the subs in any of the border states would love to receive those channels in digital format; but it is not happening, most likely because I doubt TWC or any Cable Company pay any retransmission fees for those channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)