BHN cfl raising prices

If you were from the Western New York Area, you would not make the quoted statement above; whereas within those useless Analog Channels are two major Canadian Network Channels (CBC and CTV), with CBC carrying NHL Hockey In Canada and CTV which carries "live" coverage of Olympics during Olympic years that you just don't get in the U.S. Any of the subs in any of the border states would love to receive those channels in digital format; but it is not happening, most likely because I doubt TWC or any Cable Company pay any retransmission fees for those channels.

i would love to have those 2 candadian channels. and i wouldn't care if the sd was lousy either. but i'm probably in the minority.

I can see no need for digital cable, especially for a provider whom won't make available channels that subs truly want (i.e. HD Net, NFL Network and other 24 hr HD RSNs).

I can’t believe you went there.

Don’t Dish Network subs in NY want YES, MSG and MSG + and their HD feeds? What about ESPNEWS HD, ABC Family HD and Disney Channel HD? Don’t DirecTV subs want more HBO and Cinemax channels in HD among many others. Time Warner and BHN have contracts in place to offer nearly every HD channel in existence. DirecTV is sorely lacking HD and is now one of the worst in the industry, Dish drops channels every other week. It’s clear as day who the real winner is here and it’s certainly not the pizza pans. We don’t need the stupid NFL Network, and I was happier then a pig in slop when Cuban’s channels were removed. I don’t see mass riots in the streets because TW and BHN don’t carry HDNet, which now that there are over 150 national HD channels in existence, the channel should just close up shop. Enjoy having DirecTV dictate what channels you can and cannot have. And FYI, they also don't carry the Canadian stations you appear to value so much.

If you were from the Western New York Area, you would not make the quoted statement above; whereas within those useless Analog Channels are two major Canadian Network Channels (CBC and CTV), with CBC carrying NHL Hockey In Canada and CTV which carries "live" coverage of Olympics during Olympic years that you just don't get in the U.S. Any of the subs in any of the border states would love to receive those channels in digital format; but it is not happening, most likely because I doubt TWC or any Cable Company pay any retransmission fees for those channels.

What does CFTO and CBLT have to do with anything? TW can remove the analog feed and make them digital only like they did with Travel Channel and a host of others last year.

Don’t Dish Network subs in NY want YES, MSG and MSG + and their HD feeds? What about ESPNEWS HD, ABC Family HD and Disney Channel HD? Don’t DirecTV subs want more HBO and Cinemax channels in HD among many others. Time Warner and BHN have contracts in place to offer nearly every HD channel in existence. DirecTV is sorely lacking HD and is now one of the worst in the industry, Dish drops channels every other week. It’s clear as day who the real winner is here and it’s certainly not the pizza pans. We don’t need the stupid NFL Network, and I was happier then a pig in slop when Cuban’s channels were removed. I don’t see mass riots in the streets because TW and BHN don’t carry HDNet, which now that there are over 150 national HD channels in existence, the channel should just close up shop. Enjoy having DirecTV dictate what channels you can and cannot have. And FYI, they also don't carry the Canadian stations you appear to value so much.

What does CFTO and CBLT have to do with anything? TW can remove the analog feed and make them digital only like they did with Travel Channel and a host of others last year.

first, i left directv in december after many years because i was tired of waiting for them to add hd, even after launching new satellites.

that said, i would love for bhn to add nfl network and nfl redzone. i would love for them to add more rsn's in hd, although, they have added a handful more than the two for our region. i would love for them to make more sports ubscription games available in hd. i get about 14 hd hockey games a week now in comparison to the 30 or 40 i received with directv.

the second and most important reason i went back to cable was to cut costs because i did not receive a cola in my monthly va check for the second year in a row.

just because i switched, i would hardly jump on the bandwagon and shout how much cable is to satellite. both have their faults.

Steve Mehs;2482968 What does CFTO and CBLT have to do with anything? TW can remove the analog feed and make them digital only like they did with Travel Channel and a host of others last year.[/QUOTE said:
They aren't about to cut their own throat. People in the Buffalo Area have received Canadian Channels since the days of International Cablei n the suburbs and TCI in Buffalo. If they did remove them; it would just force people like myself to put up a outdoor hd antenna get them for free ota, which could be done easily from where I live. Then the only use for TWC would be for roadrunner. You seem to forget that we have all been fed up with cable in the past from the lousy service from Adelphia Days, and that is what lead us to the DBS companies whom were subscriber friendly.

They aren't about to cut their own throat. People in the Buffalo Area have received Canadian Channels since the days of International Cable in the suburbs and TCI in Buffalo. If they did remove them; it would just force people like myself to put up a outdoor hd antenna get them for free ota, which could be done easily from where I live. Then the only use for TWC would be for roadrunner. You seem to forget that we have all been fed up with cable in the past from the lousy service from Adelphia Days, and that is what lead us to the DBS companies whom were subscriber friendly. The days of accepting everything that the cable company forces down your throat are over. For what TWC wants for their Signature Home, you can get an awesome package from Directv including all the premium channels and pick up high speed internet on the side, for less $200, even after the promos are over.

Again, I don’t see the relevance. Time Warner can be 100% digital only and still retain the Canadian stations, you know. You’d just need a digital set top box to view them like the majority of the other channels offered on the system. And I used to get the Canadian channels on cable too. Channels 5, 9 & 11 were offered here on the old Tri County Cablevision (no relation to Cablevision in NYC) and then in the early 90s when Time Warner bought out the system and merged us with their Rochester operation the Canadian channels were removed. I don’t remember it being that big of a loss. Does DirecTVs awesome package include AMC HD, IFC HD, HBO Signature HD, Actionmax HD, Fox Soccer Plus HD?

And Signature Home at $200 is a value. Wideband standalone is $100.

Does DirecTVs awesome package include AMC HD, IFC HD, HBO Signature HD, Actionmax HD, Fox Soccer Plus HD?

And Signature Home at $200 is a value. Wideband standalone is $100.

Like you said before Steve it is all about choice. You could care less about the NFL Network and the Cuban Channels, and I could care less about those channels above. However I do think Wideband for $100 is very pricey and not needed, unless you have a house full people on gaming machines and laptops, or you are operating a bed and breakfast and giving everyone free wifi.

Like you said before Steve it is all about choice. You could care less about the NFL Network and the Cuban Channels, and I could care less about those channels above. However I do think Wideband for $100 is very pricey and not needed, unless you have a house full people on gaming machines and laptops, or you are operating a bed and breakfast and giving everyone free wifi.

i had rr lightning for about a month. the install price was absurd. and lightning was more trouble than it was worth for just myself. funny, bhn neglected to tell me before install that i needed a wireless n card to make it work correctly. that would have been more money. sorry, no thanks. and i refuse to pay a 100 dollar install for mrv plus 20 bucks a month. rip off.

I'd truly love to have the multi room video, but no way can I do it at those prices on top of what I am already paying. There is a limit for each person, and mine has been passed.

i had rr lightning for about a month. the install price was absurd. and lightning was more trouble than it was worth for just myself. funny, bhn neglected to tell me before install that i needed a wireless n card to make it work correctly. that would have been more money. sorry, no thanks. and i refuse to pay a 100 dollar install for mrv plus 20 bucks a month. rip off.

Did you expect to get 40mbit out of a G card?

Wideband is by far the best value around.

Verizon DSL $30 for 3Mb = $10/Mb
Road Runner Standard $55 for 10Mb = $5.50/Mb
Road Runner Turbo $65 for 15Mb = $4.33/Mb
Road Runner Wideband $100 for 50Mb = $2.00/Mb

And you sound like Bill Gates. '640kb ought to be enough for anybody'. When it comes to technology nothing is ever or should ever be fast enough, big enough, or good enough. Always demand more. 50Mb is okay I guess, I'm looking forward to the day we hit 100Mb. Road Runner Turbo is 15Mb down. HD video at full rate is 19Mbps, tell me, is 15 Mb fast enough in this day and age? And besides this is starting to get stale. I’ve had 15Mb Down since 2006. It’s now 5 years later, and I’m still at the same speed. DOCSIS 3 deployment has begun in my franchise, just need them to make out here. I’m very much looking forward to it.

'10MB ought to be enough for anybody' isn't TOTALLY absurd.

10MB? 15? 50? 100? More, more, more! Spend, spend, spend.

You should buy the level that meets your needs and/or desires, and financial ability--and not everybody needs or desires to pay More, more, more $$ for More, more, more! speed!

I know MANY people who could easily live with 256K...all they do on the computer is read email. Just because you pay less PER MB for higher speeds does not mean you SHOULD pay the higher total price.

I can buy 100 sport coats for less per coat than if I buy two. That doesn't mean I SHOULD buy 100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)