BHN testing Cisco multi-room DVR units?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

byron

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Ooltewah, TN, US
I've read (and more recently heard some buzz) about BHN testing Cisco boxes that could/would be used to offer a Multi-room DVR solution...

Finally? Is this really true? Insider, any details?

Byron

BHN has been looking at Multi-room DVR solutions for sometime now. I think I made a post near the start of last year about one such solution. All that slowed when they had the big software change and the fight to get 100HD channels going. They concentrated on network vs hardware. Now that the network is "ready" and growing they will be focusing on new things such as the multi-room dvr, remote dvr programming (which was suppose to launch years ago with Pivot (remember that?))

These things are all coming how soon I can not say. There is a new Cisco DVR being released within the next couple months, its not multi room though.

I've seen that Cisco DVR. I sure hope they're at least into internal testing stages on something leading towards multi-room. I see upgrades and new customers in BHN's future if they can at least step it up to that level of DVR platform.

We have "those" boxes here in Brevard. However the feature is not installed/enabled. As the insider said, its being worked on but there not even close to a testing stage yet.

In a meeting we had not to long ago, its something they want to to do and are likely working on but no ETA. Which basically means it will be a while

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)