Big 10 in HD? Nice!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pulltab

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 10, 2004
San Diego
Check out Big 10 Networks... I watched the Indiana game on a replay in HD!!! Pretty cool..... I wonder if all of the Saturday games will be in HD....

All the games I sampled we just stunning in PQ. At least as good if not better than ESPN.

The ONLY Big Ten home games that will NOT be in HD are the ones on ESPN Plus or ESPN-U. All other Big Ten games will be in HD on either ABC, ESPN or BTN.

I don't know if there are any ESPN-U or ESPN Plus games left for this season. There may not be.

Cool.

All the games I sampled we just stunning in PQ. At least as good if not better than ESPN.

The ONLY Big Ten home games that will NOT be in HD are the ones on ESPN Plus or ESPN-U. All other Big Ten games will be in HD on either ABC, ESPN or BTN.

I don't know if there are any ESPN-U or ESPN Plus games left for this season. There may not be.

Cool.

I hope not. ESPNU PQ is worse than SD. Athough nothing could be worse the the crap pq and production of the IA vs ISU game on Versus.

I was very pleased with the BTN picture as well. Watched some of the Wisconsin and Penn St. games. And yes, Iowa-Iowa St. in SD on VS. was abysmal, but I saw both E* and Mediacom feeds and the Mediacom feed could barely qualify as television.

I was very pleased with the BTN picture as well. Watched some of the Wisconsin and Penn St. games. And yes, Iowa-Iowa St. in SD on VS. was abysmal, but I saw both E* and Mediacom feeds and the Mediacom feed could barely qualify as television.
Jeez, I thought I could get away from seeing any reference to the Iowa-ISU game on other forums...guess not:( Being a hawk fan, just seeing that hurts! Yes, the PQ on mediacom VS was horrible. Can't get to get my E* installed Wednesday and start watching the BTN in HD!!

Was very impressed by the quality of all the games this weekend and even enjoyed the Friday Night Tailgate and Saturday pregame shows. The live remotes from Wisconsin and Indiana were funny and brought back memories of 20 years ago (was it really 20 years ago) with all their shots of campus hotspots. Going to Illinois I remember many a road trip to other schools campus's and it will be cool to see them from my couch in California. Can't wait for them to be on campus at Illinois, someday we might even have a football team : )

Does anyone know if they will be having many basketball games or does ESPN have exclusive on all of the big matchups??

Big10 Network will have Alot of basketball. jsut like football there will be some other broadcasts, but i know here in MN around 25 Gopher games will be on B10.

Last edited:
I found this confusing statement in the Dish newsletter e-mailed yesterday:

"DISH Network customers nationwide who subscribe to America's Top 100 and higher will find the Big Ten Network on Channel 439. Customers throughout the nation will have the opportunity to preview the network until early 2008. At that time, the channel will be carried on America's Top 100 Plus service within the eight states with Big Ten institutions."

Is this saying that we will be able to preview the Big 10 Network until early 2008 and then will be available only to subscribers within the eight states with Big 10 colleges?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)