Big Companies - Too many Channels and Neglect.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Genna

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
New England
Companies are creating way too many channels and just neglecting them, transmitting rebroadcasts and commercials all month long. Its getting pretty pathetic. I wish it were like the old days where someone had a channel and paid some attention to it.

Hello Just got my 922 turned on today & for the first time go to pick the channels I wont,without paying for bunch of junk I don"t wontAlso have a forecstar rec connected throu a dx pw774 split & receive the fta channels on T4,GB,T6, & by the way ,,have never seen freezz up on pixture ,most all read Q of 80 t0 98 Level of 70 to 80..I have a solard channel mast,,8 ft..& it don"t move with wind..Got a cheep LNB eagle-aspen 65db been on over 10 years..The only problem I have is blind search,,channels repeating.
Have one question ,,got a lnb ku combo will it work on a 5 ft dish non moveable,sets on a ring..??
I red on here someone has prob with Casper signals mine all 80 on Q..Also best FTA receiver to get ,,Be a while cold & snow no fun to play with dishes ..I helped install C-B bout 10 years ,more fun to program than set up dish
February,,Dietzy will become a member of this great group..Thanks to all for help setting up 922

Plenty of FTA channels that have no commercials. I almost forgot what its like to watch american commercials.

Too many Channels, putrid programming, month long marathons, logos and pop-ups 1/4 the size of the screen. Lots of reason to drop out regardless of what delivery system you have. Even when I find something that could be interesting the logos, bugs and pop-ups are so distracting I turn everything off and go do something else. I would expect soon a lot of services will go away forever.

Plenty of FTA channels that have no commercials. I almost forgot what its like to watch american commercials.

I just have the dsr-922 i haven't been able to fully convert yet and an old toshiba trx-80 im not using. I'll probably be getting more into the FTA world if I can't pull subscriptions in anymore on this but trying to learn more about what I'll need.

Hang in there on the conversion! I'm pretty "sat savvy" and my machine (922) is being finicky, too. I think as the dust settles we'll be able to see these used well, and enjoyed again. Plus, the more on the new HITS system the better our chances of increased and improved programming. Good luck! (though I recently entered true FTA and love every bit of it. Once the work is in for scanning, the variety is quite good!) It's an exciting time for true satellite enthusiasts.

We need a complete C-Band overhaul. " Introducing The New D4-TV. A New Way To Bulldoze Your Way to the Satellites" This receiver would have all the capabilities to receive the X4 4160 stream with room for future HD updates plus a complete FTA receiver with all the satellite maps, dish moving capabilities & all the latest FTA formats, including HD. It would have a built in AM/FM receiver with built in speakers, a night light for the youngsters, an emergency auto on emergency LED light for when the power fails, a weather radio with advanced options that would allow you to receive the local weather forecast at the press of a button.

>>Radio:Hang in there on the conversion! I'm pretty "sat savvy" and my machine (922) is being finicky, too.

Just posting it here too, to be sure fewer people miss the good news--- Conversion Update... 1/9/2011 4DTV Online has learned that if your 922 has a serial number of 0428126085005406 or later you may have conversion issues. This is due to issues with those newer receivers can not accept the HITS Commercial 4160 datasteam. Motorola has been working on this and the fix is scheduled for rollout by the late afternoon of 1/10. (in case someone doesn't know where to look, the serial number is on the back of your unit) dont know where it can be found in the menus, if it happens to be there too.

>>NotTy:a night light for the youngsters

lol :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts