Big Dish HDTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

determined

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Ohio
I am looking to go to HDTV. I have a Motorola 920 and access to HD channels that are included with some subscriptions. If I go to them with my regular TV I get a blocky mess and intermittent sound. As best I can figure out, I need to get a Motorola HDD 200 to hook up between the 920 and the TV that I've yet to buy, but I'm really ignorant about this subject. I have two questions:

1. Is there any type of HDTV out there that would work without another STB?

2. Are there any other STB's that will do the job other than the HDD 200?

If you have a 920 you may want to have the battery changed if you have not done so already, HDD 200's can be found used at good prices.

i have a Extra Battery i ordered 2 incase one screwed up. ill send it to u for 11$ shipped to ur address...let me know its just laying around.im not sure how much they run but i payed 18$ for one. so let me know thanks

Thanks, guys. I guess I need to get an HDD 200 and I've meanwhile found some used ones. I'm going to look into the 920 battery issue. I've known about it for some time now and actually changed the one in my videocipher modue successfully. I figured that if I messed that one up I wouldn't be losing much since analog is all but gone already. I guess I need to get off my dead behind and do the 920 as well. I got it in 2000 from Skyvision as a refurbished unit.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)