Big Problem with 110, 118 and 119 combo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lakhan

Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
My setup which is not yet fully functional is as follows:
1. DP-311 receiver with smart card.
2. 30" dish pointed to 118 (with a new LNB). It is not the dual one that gives output for 118 and 119.
3. 24" dish pointed to 110 and 119 with separate LNB's. The LNB used for 110 was previously used for 61.5.
4. SW-21 switch.

I am not able to get all the 3 satellites with the above. Either 118 gets blocked or 119 gets blocked. Tried changing switch to some other types but did not work. Not sure if the LNB type is wrong or the switch type is wrong.

Thanks

I don't know if the 118 LNB is part of your problem or not. Check EKB: Plus Dish (Dish 1000+ / Dish 500+) for a link to poor man's alternative which IIRC is a legacy solution.

Aside from that, you don't have an appropriate switch. The SW21 can only select between 2 satellites, though you can use it downstream of another legacy switch to cascade in another satellite feed. I would suggest a Microyal SW21X for 119/110, then run its output and 118 through the SW21.

The simplest setup is to get a 500+ dish that has the dual band LNB with DP dual (or single) LNB for 110 and a DP 34 switch. The 118.7 satellite is a FSS satellite whereas the 110 and 119 (and 61.5 for that matter) are all DBS satellites. An LNB for a DBS satellite will not work for a FSS satellite, you need the dual band LNB. If you get the 500+ dish and set it up properly, you will receive a very strong signal on all orbitals and eliminate the need for having multiple dishes setup around your house.

Legacy is overrated... hugely overrated. Legacy switchgear offers no performance advantages over current DPP gear and it is often a whole lot more difficult to work with. Unless you've got a box of old stuff and a serious jones for a frankenhookup, I'd try a DP34 or maybe even a DPP33.

I'm not sure you can emulate the Plus stack plan with three separate LNBs.

Unless your doing something nefarious, it would probably be easier to use a satellite other than 118W.

The simplest setup is to get a 500+ dish that has the dual band LNB with DP dual (or single) LNB for 110 and a DP 34 switch. The 118.7 satellite is a FSS satellite whereas the 110 and 119 (and 61.5 for that matter) are all DBS satellites. An LNB for a DBS satellite will not work for a FSS satellite, you need the dual band LNB. If you get the 500+ dish and set it up properly, you will receive a very strong signal on all orbitals and eliminate the need for having multiple dishes setup around your house.

Hi everyone, just need a little info if possible.

I am about to subscribe to Dishnetwork for the first time. I want Americas top 100 and TV5 A la Carte (the International Channel, apparently now on 118.7°).

My local salesman tells me that I need one Dish for my top100 and another extra Dish for the A la carte international Channel.
From what I have read here, he is verry wrong I think. So I assume that he wants to sell me his Older model Dishs instead of setting up One Dish500+ for all 3 Orbits or he simply doesnt know what he is talking about.

So, Is the above quoted setup , the exact setup that I should be demanding for and that I should be looking out for when the Dish Installer comes home ?

If not , what am I allowed to demand for, are they installing the Dish500+ to all new customers now, whether they want International channels or not ?

Thanks, :)

Thanks for the reply Smith :cool:.
Well, Dishnet is now offering HD Channel packages all over in Puerto Rico, so I assume they must be using these new Dish500+ and 1000+, from what I have read here ,these are the 2 Dishs that can get HD channels I think.

Thanks,

Well, Dishnet is now offering HD Channel packages all over in Puerto Rico, so I assume they must be using these new Dish500+ and 1000+, from what I have read here ,these are the 2 Dishs that can get HD channels I think.
The Dish 500+ is not an HD dish and I don't think they use either of those dishes in PR.

According to the EKB, TV5MONDE is available on 118.75 and 148W. I'm not sure that PR is in the footprint of either satellite.

The Dish 500+ is not an HD dish and I don't think they use either of those dishes in PR.

According to the EKB, TV5MONDE is available on 118.75 and 148W. I'm not sure that PR is in the footprint of either satellite.

Excatly, you"re right. I just made a couple of local phone calls and got that same impression from confused salesman who did"t know much about the subject.

Apparently the HD channels are only a few anyways, that are on 100° I think and some international channels on 61.5° but not TV5MONDE off course.

I guess it will be a long while before Dishnet starts offering These new 500+ Dishs and make 118.7° available by normal means. If I ordered and set up the 500+ myself, I"d maybe get the signal but then getting the subscription to TV5MONDE would be another story I guess.

Thanks for the Info Harshness ;) :up

Thanks for the SatBeams HDRoberts. ;):up
http://www.satelliteguys.us/member.php?u=73437

My setup which is not yet fully functional is as follows:
1. DP-311 receiver with smart card.
2. 30" dish pointed to 118 (with a new LNB). It is not the dual one that gives output for 118 and 119.
3. 24" dish pointed to 110 and 119 with separate LNB's. The LNB used for 110 was previously used for 61.5.
4. SW-21 switch.

I am not able to get all the 3 satellites with the above. Either 118 gets blocked or 119 gets blocked. Tried changing switch to some other types but did not work. Not sure if the LNB type is wrong or the switch type is wrong.

Thanks

On top of what everyone else has said...that SW21 switch will never get you all three sats. I has 2 sat in ports and one out.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Smith :cool:.

Thanks,

We only get in HD TNT, USA, SCI FI, ESPN, HD Thearter, HD NET, HD MOVIES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)