Big Ten Network (BTN)

It is now a regional RSN...most likely you don't live in a Big Ten area, so if you want to get it, either "move" to a big ten area, or add the multi-sport package.

It is now a regional RSN...most likely you don't live in a Big Ten area, so if you want to get it, either "move" to a big ten area, or add the multi-sport package.

Is it available on the sports package? I thought it wasn't, but it would make sense for E* to offer BTN on the sports package, but then again, what has E* done with sports programming that has ever made sense?

Note:
All of PA gets it except for those in the Philly DMA and all of Indiana gets it except for those zip codes that are part of the Louisville DMA.

I live in Akron, OH and BTN no longer appears in my program guide. I'm only about 120 miles from Ohio State, so I'd definitely consider this a Big Ten area. Any ideas why it might not be available for me anymore?

I live in Akron, OH and BTN no longer appears in my program guide. I'm only about 120 miles from Ohio State, so I'd definitely consider this a Big Ten area. Any ideas why it might not be available for me anymore?

The free preview recently ended for those with AT 100. To get BTN, you need to upgrade your programming package.

Edit: BTW, welcome to SatelliteGuys!

:welcome

Yes, this is copied from the Big Ten Network's website:

Q: On what level of service does DIRECTV offer the network?

A: DIRECTV offers the Big Ten Network on their CHOICE Package, DIRECTV's most widely distributed programming package. The Network is on DIRECTV channel 220. Visit Big Ten Network every week to see which games are on 220 and which games are on an overflow channel, or call your DIRECTV provider for more information.

Q: Does DIRECTV carry the Big Ten Network in HD?

A: Yes, DIRECTV carries the Big Ten Network in both standard-definition and high-definition on channel 220 (viewers will see two channels 220s in the on-screen program guide: one labeled BTN and one labeled BTNHD). Overflow games can be found on neighboring channels (currently 218 and 219) and are also available in both standard-definition and high-definition. Customers must have an MPEG4 HD receiver and 5-LNB satellite dish in order to receive the Big Ten Network in HD from DIRECTV.

Q: On what level of service does DISH Network offer the network?

A: Inside the eight states with Big Ten universities, Big Ten Network is now available on DISH Network's America's Top 100 Plus package. Outside the eight states, subscribers to America's Top 100 Plus also will need to purchase DISH's Multi-Sport Pack.

Q: Why did DISH Network change the level of service?

A: Big Ten Network and DISH had agreed the network would reside within America's Top 100 Plus in the eight Big Ten states after DISH's national customers had an opportunity to see the network's initial football and basketball seasons. That preview ended in March 2008. AT100+ includes all of the top regional sports networks and national sports networks like Big Ten Network, and is DISH's equivalent of the expanded basic level of service on cable.

Big Ten Network not even in my guide

I have the Dish 250 or whatever. And the HD package. My CSR was good, said she was in Pennsylvania, even talked about today's snow. My problem is that BIG10 network does not even show up in my guide. After 60 minutes on the phone, she couldn't get it to work either. Anybody else having this problem? She confirmed it is included with my level of programming. We tried to directly enter the numbers and the just went to the nearest channel. Where has the Big Ten network gone?

I have the Dish 250 or whatever. And the HD package. My CSR was good, said she was in Pennsylvania, even talked about today's snow. My problem is that BIG10 network does not even show up in my guide. After 60 minutes on the phone, she couldn't get it to work either. Anybody else having this problem? She confirmed it is included with my level of programming. We tried to directly enter the numbers and the just went to the nearest channel. Where has the Big Ten network gone?

This is my situation, as well. I should have specified in my prior post that I have AT250 (w/ HD). My understanding was that, as a resident of Ohio, I should still have access to BTN with this package. Am I misunderstanding something?

I believe you need AT100 or higher programming pack to qualify. If anyone with HD Only (aka the new DishHD) has it then it is probably an anomaly.

That's what I was told as well. Does anyone else in the Big Ten area have the same "anomaly" that I have?

Just FYI, the programming on BTN is pretty weak now that basketball is over. There are a lot of repeats of Big Ten Tonight throughout the day, along with school-specific programming and many "Big Ten's Greatest Games" shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts