problems with DVR 510 phone connection

aviation76

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
DFW, TX
I recently purchased a DVR 510 though Dish Network's "Dishin' it up like new" promotion to use as a second receiver.

I purchased a wireless phone jack (RCA RC930) so I can be able to view the caller ID option when watching programming. But when the DVR 510 is hooked up to it I hear a clicking noise over the dial tone on my line when I use my phone. When I disconnect the 510 from the wireless phone jack the dial tone is solid. Having the 510 connected to the wireless jack even effects my incoming calls. The phone will ring once and go straight to voice mail.

When I reboot the 510, the noise over the phone line goes away but it rears its ugly head at a later time.

I am not sure if this noise is related to the 510. DSL filters are installed at every connection…even to/from the wireless phone jacks and all other phone connections in the house. The 510 is plugged into a surge protector but the wireless phone jack is plugged into a separate outlet along the same wall. I searched the forums and found several posts similar to mine…but none indicated this particular type of line noise as a problem. Bad connections? Bad receiver? Bad wireless phone jack? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I would get a long cord and plug it into a regular phone jack with a dsl filter. See if that works any better. I would just start testing things one at a time until you can find a cause. I have heard that the wireless phone jacks sometimes dont work well, especially cheaper units. Not sure if DSL matters or not. I have always used phonex units so I cant be of too much help.

Unfortunately I do not have a regular phone jack upstairs. Could having the 510 plugged into a surge protector cause any interference? The wireless phone jack is not plugged into surge protector. It is at least 15ft away from the outlet that has the surge protector plugged into it.

Your thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)