Echostar 11 provide more space?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vtjman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 30, 2007
ABQ
Does e-11 provide any more space than dish already has at 110? The reason I ask this, is with AMC-14's status literally up in the air I wanted to know if I could hang my HD hat on e-11, or since 61.5 was the bird missing some TPs, if having AMC-14 possibly delayed or worse would really put us back for new national HD until next year maybe.

E11 will not add more space to 110. What it really does is give them a backup satellite (E8) in case there are issues with a satellite in the future. There is a small possibility that since it has more power than E8 they could cut back the error correction rate and have a bit more capacity. But, Dish tends to be conservative about bit rates, cuts down on rain fade.

Does e-11 provide any more space than dish already has at 110? The reason I ask this, is with AMC-14's status literally up in the air I wanted to know if I could hang my HD hat on e-11, or since 61.5 was the bird missing some TPs, if having AMC-14 possibly delayed or worse would really put us back for new national HD until next year maybe.

E11 at minimum will have 3 more conus transponders (18 HD Channels) because its foot print will include Alaska and Hawaii that E8 does not.

Another 4 transponders are spotbeams for locals and they can be moved to 61.5 or 129 and that would open up even more space.

E11 higher power might be able to give more channels per transponder.

E11 at minimum will have 3 more conus transponders (18 HD Channels) because its foot print will include Alaska and Hawaii that E8 does not.

Another 4 transponders are spotbeams for locals and they can be moved to 61.5 or 129 and that would open up even more space.

This does not make sense. Dish is licensed for 29 TPs on 110. 3 are DIRECTV's. 10 of them are used by E10 for spot beams. 19 are provided by E8 providing national channels. There will be no more TPs available from E11.

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 110°W

I think you might have your satellites confused. Only your third item is a possibility. E-11 has no spotbeams and the spotbeam capability of the E-8 satellite at 110 W is not being used. All spotbeams from 110 W come from the E-10 satellite.

So do any of us know where Dish is going to get this extra capacity for new national HD then? Seems like maybe having AMC-14 not ready yet is more of a delay than Dish is saying right now.

So do any of us know where Dish is going to get this extra capacity for new national HD then? Seems like maybe having AMC-14 not ready yet is more of a delay than Dish is saying right now.

There are some test channels on both 129 and 61.5. I suspect they will put them on there.