Big Ten Network HD Alternate Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

milmami

Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
Used to be 218(-1) and 219(-1). Did DirecTV get rid of them or just moved them elsewhere?

Granted, these channels show a black screen for 350 days a year, but it would be nice to see all of the football games BTN offers on Saturdays...

That's my thought as well. The reason I asked is when D moved BTN, it listed the change in the guide. With the alternates, they just disappeared without a "moving to channel XYZ" notice.

my latest big ten newsletter indicated the alternates would move once football season starts. but i honestly don't recall the channel numbers and i've long deleted the newsletter.

I wonder why they would move big ten, to an area where many channels are not subscribed to unless you have sports pack. I know it does not have anything to do with sports pack.....Just a thought

I wonder why they would move big ten, to an area where many channels are not subscribed to unless you have sports pack. I know it does not have anything to do with sports pack.....Just a thought

To me, it makes more sense to have BTN in with the sports range of channels instead of down near CNN. Granted it was also down near ESPN, but ESPN pays a premium to D* for their placement so low in the channel range. But being that pretty much all other sports channels are up in the 600-700 range makes it easier to find non-ESPN sports content.

To me, it makes more sense to have BTN in with the sports range of channels instead of down near CNN. Granted it was also down near ESPN, but ESPN pays a premium to D* for their placement so low in the channel range. But being that pretty much all other sports channels are up in the 600-700 range makes it easier to find non-ESPN sports content.

That and it is more or less a reiginal set of channels, just like the others that will follow, the SEC network should be next to come along, they will be in the same situation.

Jimbo

Looking forward to the day the ACC gets their act together and makes their own exclusive channel. They have a good product online with ACCSelect.com, but it would do very well to be broadcast. Hopefully with continued success and interest in BTN, this will show the conferences that it CAN work and that they should market/brand themselves in any way possible. Not just for the revenue, but for the continuing cycle of showing off the conference to future superstar recruits, who will come in and generate more interest for the next batch of superstars, and so on. It's a self perpetuating cycle that we can all gorge ourselves on. :hungry:

Looking forward to the day the ACC gets their act together and makes their own exclusive channel. They have a good product online with ACCSelect.com, but it would do very well
... speaking of the ACC, Is it true that if I wanted to see my beloved Clempson tigres play the b-devils (in football) there is big Oak tree outside of the Duke stadium where everyone tosses their extra tix? This may be a myth perpetuated in SC but I've heard it from several peeps. thanks:cool:

... speaking of the ACC, Is it true that if I wanted to see my beloved Clempson tigres play the b-devils (in football) there is big Oak tree outside of the Duke stadium where everyone tosses their extra tix? This may be a myth perpetuated in SC but I've heard it from several peeps. thanks:cool:
Tickets!?! Hell, they pay people to show up. The gates are open. Feel free to stop by any Saturday afternoon and watch a JV squad take on the rest of the ACC. Duke makes their money on Basketball and Lacrosse t-shirt sales. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts