BIG TEN Network Missing on VIP211K

66V68742r9CuRich Godfrey

Original poster
Aug 27, 2016
York, PA
I have two receivers, a VIP211K and a Wally. I subscribe to the America's 120+ and Multi-Sports package. Recently, I have noticed that the BIG TEN Network (Channel 410) is missing from my VIP211K. It still appears on the Wally (Channel 405). Are some channels only available on Hoppers/Joeys/Wallys?

Ask a DIRT member (or call DISH if you feel brave) and ask for an account refresh. No there is no difference for getting channels between receivers for what you are talking about. (Obviously if it is a 4K channel you need a 4K receiver etc.. doesn't apply to what you are asking) Also make sure you aren't using a guide that hides that channel, is it there in the ALL Channels guide?
Also check Channel 9500 see if it is there.

Have you tried channel 410? The non-Hopper receivers may have a different channel lineup.

Have you tried channel 410? The non-Hopper receivers may have a different channel lineup.
He does say in his post he was looking for it at 410 which is where it is for me. I see it is at 405 on his Wally is that because I get it as part of the Top 200 and he gets it as part of the Sports pack? Or is it on a different channel on non VIP receivers?

Ask a DIRT member (or call DISH if you feel brave) and ask for an account refresh. No there is no difference for getting channels between receivers for what you are talking about. (Obviously if it is a 4K channel you need a 4K receiver etc.. doesn't apply to what you are asking) Also make sure you aren't using a guide that hides that channel, is it there in the ALL Channels guide?
Also check Channel 9500 see if it is there.

As of last week, BIG TEN was not showing up on my VIP211K in the "My Channels" list. If I switched to the "All Channels" list, it was showing up at 410 (and 9500, I think), but was highlighted in green. If I tried tuning to 410, I would receive a "Programing Not Authorized" message.

Unfortunately, I've spoken with DISH Phone Support multiple times and they have sent out multiple signals with no success. Their solution at this point is to replace the VIP211K. They feel it is a faulty receiver, but I'm not convinced since it only seems to be one channel that is causing issues.

Today I noticed BIG TEN was not showing up in the "My Channels" or "All Channels" lists on the VIP211K. It is still showing up at 405 on my Wally.

As of last week, BIG TEN was not showing up on my VIP211K in the "My Channels" list. If I switched to the "All Channels" list, it was showing up at 410 (and 9500, I think), but was highlighted in green. If I tried tuning to 410, I would receive a "Programing Not Authorized" message.

Unfortunately, I've spoken with DISH Phone Support multiple times and they have sent out multiple signals with no success. Their solution at this point is to replace the VIP211K. They feel it is a faulty receiver, but I'm not convinced since it only seems to be one channel that is causing issues.

Today I noticed BIG TEN was not showing up in the "My Channels" or "All Channels" lists on the VIP211K. It is still showing up at 405 on my Wally.

You could try putting the VIP where the Wally is and see if that makes any difference, it certainly shouldn't. I would say getting a new 211 is probably the next best thing to try.

He does say in his post he was looking for it at 410 which is where it is for me. I see it is at 405 on his Wally is that because I get it as part of the Top 200 and he gets it as part of the Sports pack? Or is it on a different channel on non VIP receivers?
Hoppers/joey/wallys have certain channel group such as sirius, rsns, and the college sports networks using different channels on them than the vip boxes due to they are in collapsible menus. So big 10 is 405-01 thru I think 405-5 or so for the night ten alternate channels but you can collapse those away on the guide

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts