Big Ten Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is the 8th largest cable company and it includes Des Moines, Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids and major areas of Iowa... which is my territory. Also heard it was channel 220 of the digital tier. That gives me hope that maybe it can go into the AT200 package on Dish. Hopefully it works out and many of us will get the channel we want.

Mediacom is also a big cable player in Illinois. They are my cable internet provider in Western IL

Mediacom is also a big cable player in Illinois. They are my cable internet provider in Western IL

yeah, Mediacom is the Cable Provider for a lot of Central Illinois cities around Champaign-Urbana. Now I'm really thinking of moving 10 miles north to the town just north of me that has Mediacom for their cable service.

FWIW D* is now plugging the BTN on it's radio ads. I just heard a local ad with our school song in the background with words to the effect of, "DirecTV is the best place to catch Gopher sports with the Big Ten Network..."

This is one area that frustrates me with E*. If they were actually proactive and signed the network in advance they could a) go out and drum up interest and new subscribers and b) keep current subscribers in place with piece of mind. Instead every channel is a p*ssing match that drags on, we miss programming, people jump ship, etc. In the end E* usually signs on but not without a lot of hassle.

Interesting that Mr Thompson in the latest article states that the $1.10 figure is alot higher than where they are at now... sounds like there may be some movement happening on both sides. We can only hope.

No Big Ten Network for Comcast subscribers

Thompson said the doomsday scenario applied only to Comcast and not to other unsigned cable providers — including MediaCom, Time Warner, Charter and Dish Network — with whom substantive negotiations continue.

Good find Posty. The article talks about how Comcast will not get a deal done in time for the opening games. Is it possible that any of the other providers could launch in such a quick timeframe? Even if Dish signed a deal today they would still have to finalize it with lawyers, find space for the channel, get the signal from Fox, uplink the channel for testing...

I would think they could throw a channel up on fairly short notice if they needed to, probably not the HD channel, but the regular one.

don't know if this means anything or not but a few weeks ago, i popped an email to the media people at the network on behalf of satguys. wanted to know what the status of this appearing on dish was. since they didn't bother to answer my email, i wouldn't hold my breath.

they are the first people who have refused to answer my email. as some of you know, i am in constant contact with directv's pr person and the pr person from sea launch also answered email i sent her.

i meant to post this sooner but have had a lot on my plate.

don't know if this means anything or not but a few weeks ago, i popped an email to the media people at the network on behalf of satguys. wanted to know what the status of this appearing on dish was. since they didn't bother to answer my email, i wouldn't hold my breath.

they are the first people who have refused to answer my email. as some of you know, i am in constant contact with directv's pr person and the pr person from sea launch also answered email i sent her.

i meant to post this sooner but have had a lot on my plate.

It could be they are really inundated with email requests. I actually sent them an email regarding Dish a number of weeks ago, and it took about 10 days to 2 weeks but I did get a response.

10 days to respond to an e-mail in my book means don't bother.... You could send a letter via US Mail back and forth in ten days !

Hopefully it would only take E* a fraction of the time to get BTN on the air compared to cable. Cable has multiple headends to worry about making thinks a little more complicated.

:) No I`m not one of them,Just a sports enthusiast hoping E* comes thru for everyone, figured if I started the thread early it may give you all time enough to light a fire under Charlie’s a$$ and get this channel added before the launch date of Aug.30th I think it is. Because I know how slow the wheels of progress turn at E* cooperate central.However if they paid there PR folks well enough ...................:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Big 10 Network on 439!

How can I tell if my dish is grounded properly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)