Big Ten Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.
btw, just got an update from my contact at big ten network and there's nothing new to report. sorry, wish i had better news. but you guys missed one darn good game......unless, you are michigan fans.

For those of who keep saying the BTN is showing mostly crap games. We E* customers missed Div. I AA App. St upset Michigan.

luckily ESPN2 is showing the highlights of that game a lot! Man and it's getting better and better every time I see them.

Got to see something good when Illini are down 23-6.

Correction TOUCHDOWN ILLINI!!!!!
anyway I got to be honest, the graphics on BTN look a lot like the FOX football graphics, however it is bigger, which is good to see.

I am at my Camper at the Lake, we have Mediacom up here, EVERY Commercial break from the Iowa Game (which was on ESPNU) there was a Mediacom Commercial discussing the BTN.
Mediacom was blaming the BTN for the delay.
Hope it is OK to mention "Mediacom" in the Dish Network Forum on Satelliteguys.us.

I would have loved to have watched the 4th Qtr of the Appl St vs Mich game. Knowing the final score and watching highlights has about 1/100th of the impact.

Heard a radio ad by D* yesterday that was promoting their having the BTN and they specifically pointed out that Comcast and Dish did not. So they are using it as a lever to come after C* and E* customers.

Is BTN an HD channel? If not I wouldn't watch it, sports looks like garbage in SD on my set, I lose interest right away and turn it off...

Not getting this channel has no effect on my life. :)

i said somewhere else that if you don't like a channel that is added Don't watch it, I mean There are alot of people out there who are not fortunate enough like i am to attend a Ohio state Football game, Think of the people who are football fans that don't like going to sports bars or have to battle the Crowds. If the game would have been on our dish network. So if BTN is ever Added to Dish( i am still praying for it) You don't have to watch it.

:mad: This BTN thing is a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I had 5 TCs yesterday and at every customer's home they asked, So what's going on with this big 10 thing? There are a lot of people concerned about this, myself included. I am more upset at BTN than with DISH. They're the ones that have taken control from our local broadcasters. At first I believed that B10 was going to only be a sports network dedicated to big 10 games. Little did I know that the games would NOT be shown on normal local networks as before. I find this extremely appalling. Big 10 having complete control of these games is comparable to a monopoly. That's like Wal-Mart buying up all of the bread in the country and saying, ok...if you want bread you have to come here to buy it and pay a premium for it. It's just wrong on so many levels. All this has become is a way for the colleges and certain large broadcasters (*cough* DirecTV *cough*) to make insane amounts of money. In the meantime, it's folks like us, the consumer, who lose out. All this corporate bickering about viewers and advertising dollars makes me sick. Give the games back to the local networks and quit holding our college games hostage! :mad:

:mad: This BTN thing is a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I had 5 TCs yesterday and at every customer's home they asked, So what's going on with this big 10 thing? There are a lot of people concerned about this, myself included. I am more upset at BTN than with DISH. They're the ones that have taken control from our local broadcasters. At first I believed that B10 was going to only be a sports network dedicated to big 10 games. Little did I know that the games would NOT be shown on normal local networks as before. I find this extremely appalling. Big 10 having complete control of these games is comparable to a monopoly. That's like Wal-Mart buying up all of the bread in the country and saying, ok...if you want bread you have to come here to buy it and pay a premium for it. It's just wrong on so many levels. All this has become is a way for the colleges and certain large broadcasters (*cough* DirecTV *cough*) to make insane amounts of money. In the meantime, it's folks like us, the consumer, who lose out. All this corporate bickering about viewers and advertising dollars makes me sick. Give the games back to the local networks and quit holding our college games hostage! :mad:
Well said! The reality is, BT is going to have to cave sometime because they are paying guarantees to the Universities regardless of carriage. When they have hemorrhaged enough cash, they'll start renegotiating.

anyway I got to be honest, the graphics on BTN look a lot like the FOX football graphics...
To be expected since Fox owns 49% of the BTN and are producing all the broadcasts.

I will be out at the Iowa/Syracuse game this weekend, so you can bet I will be looking for Anyone wearing a Big Ten Network Shirt to give them a peice of my mind. I'll bet they will have a table set up somewhere on Campus propping up their Network.

I gave them a peace of my mind yesterday, and signed that Petition at the ohio State Campus yesterday. I keep seeing my dad look at Direct tv ad today.

It would apear as though teh BTN don't watch ESPNU. BTN's web site shows Iowa Loosing to N Illinios.

Big Ten Network

LOL, I emailed the BTN about this TYPO, and now they have taken that link down...LOL I guess they only read the emails that make them look bad and do something about it.
Wish they would answer my other questions that fast.

I will be out at the Iowa/Syracuse game this weekend, so you can bet I will be looking for Anyone wearing a Big Ten Network Shirt to give them a peice of my mind. I'll bet they will have a table set up somewhere on Campus propping up their Network.

At the Wisconsin game last Saturday there were many students (hired) with some kind of a petition supporting BTN. Folks were pissed off but it wasn't at BTN!

The more I read about this issue the more I blame the BTN.
I live in NW Iowa (A 3 state region) Why do the people of Neb. and S.D. have to pay the premium rate for being a neighbor to Iowa? (BTN Footprint state)
In my opinion, the Big Ten Network is being GREEDY.
I wish NOW that the FCC would make them an RSN so this pissing match would be done and we could get the station added to our Multi Sport package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)