Big Ten Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Tom I was thinking as mentioned from reading your post, I believe the outcome with BTN will be a lot like the resolve made in the MBL-EI matter this past spring. The cable people will get on board but DISH will pass. I hope for the E* subs who are sports enthusiasts that is not going to be the case. But for all “ of us” veteran satellite tv customers we all know what type of track record E* has when it comes to adding new channels, let alone sports programming to their lineup. So by months end, I`d say some of the larger cable co.`s will be on board with BTN and E* will not.

Do you mean the record of not adding new channels such as all the new HD channels recently added?

Do you mean the record of not adding new channels such as all the new HD channels recently added?

No,, I was referring to the hassle that seems to happen whenever a new sports channel/network such as the BTN comes along or the issues that came up in the effort to get the MLB package prior to baseball season starting this year.No boneit I was not talking about all the recently added HD channels, was talking sports HD or non.Did that answer your ? I did not mean to confuse the adding of new channels,to that of sports programming type channels.

I know we are a small community, but pationate ones, E* did this same thing when OLN/Versus had NHL Hockey available, but E* would't flip the switch.

DISH says you can get Big Ten sports on DISH Network!

I love how DISH Network's just-released press release tries to massage the fact they don't have BTN but that doesn't keep you from watching Big Ten sports.

=====

GET BIG TEN FOOTBALL WITH DISH NETWORK®

Englewood, Colo. – August 23, 2007 – EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and its DISH Network® satellite TV service today announced the latest Big Ten college football broadcast schedules are available at DISH Network, which will be updated regularly. DISH Network will carry the vast majority of all Big Ten and other NCAA conference football and basketball games on CSTV, CBS and NBC, as well as ABC,
ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU.

There are a few Big Ten non-conference games (e.g. Citadel vs. Wisconsin) that air on the Big Ten Network (BTN). For several months, DISH Network has been diligently negotiating with BTN to obtain a carriage agreement consistent with other regional sports networks, but
BTN wants unreasonable and inconsistent payments from all of our customers regardless of whether or not they are Big Ten fans. The good news is that DISH Network customers who are Big Ten fans will get most of their games with the current channels available on DISH Network
– at no additional cost.

DISH Network realizes how important these games are to our customers and will continue to work to provide the best in college and all sports, at the best value anywhere. We are
keeping the door open in the hopes we can conclude a reasonable deal with BTN.

# # #

About EchoStar Communications Corporation

EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH) has been a leader for more than 26
years in satellite TV equipment sales and support worldwide. The Company’s DISH Network™
is the fastest-growing pay-TV provider in the country since 2000 and currently serves more than
13.585 million satellite TV customers. DISH Network offers a premier line of industry-leading
Digital Video Recorders (DVRs) and hundreds of video and audio channels as well as the most
national HD and International channels in the U.S., Interactive TV, Latino and sports
programming. DISH Network also provides a variety of package and price options including the
lowest all-digital price in America and the DishDVR Advantage Package. EchoStar is included
in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 300 company. Visit EchoStar Communications Corporation or call
1-800-333-DISH (3474) for more information.

Media Contact:
Kathie Gonzalez, press@echostar.com, (720) 514-5351

Purely another negotiating tactic by Dish.

...and the p*issing match continues...

Not much new, but thought I would share. Basically this article covers the Comcast 100% negative idea, but gives the glimmer of hope for E*. In my eyes, at this point, a very faint glimmer.

BTW, I live in the heart of ACC country, and am a big NC State fan. But, I would love to have this network. Any true sports fan would. And from what I have read, I would not mind the extra .10 since I am out of market. Anyway:

Comcast, Big Ten Network at Impasse

back to the email, i say its sad because i am a retired journalist and unofficial satguys pr person with permission from the big guy to contact these companies on behalf of satguys.

so when a pr person doesn't respond back to my query, it really doesn't bode well. i mean the guy didn't even send the typical ``i'll look into it and get back to you'' response. after almost 25 years in the business, i have come to recognize the hidden message in the none response.

that's why i said, don't hold your breath about btn showing up on dish. the guy also could have responded by saying....we're in talks, hopefully soon......you get the picture.

i could try again and email his boss this time.

Dish can't even manipulate their own website correctly.

Check out DISHNetwork/big10

They are trying to demonstrate that they will have a lot of big ten games despite not having the big ten network. However, if you look at the games on October 13th and November 3rd they list one game for each of those days as being on...Big Ten Network.

Gosh thanks Dish, now I can see the games I won't be able to get with your service! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Check out DISHNetwork/big10

They are trying to demonstrate that they will have a lot of big ten games despite not having the big ten network. However, if you look at the games on October 13th and November 3rd they list one game for each of those days as being on...Big Ten Network.

Gosh thanks Dish, now I can see the games I won't be able to get with your service! :rolleyes:
Great find. I just sent correspondence to BTN pointing-out this factoid. IMO, I doubt Dish Network would promote BTN (to include a Big Ten Football URL) if there wasn't an agreement in place...this is misleading/fraudulent advertising.

Anyway, feel free to contact the Big Ten Nework for clarification: Big Ten Network - Contact the Big Ten Network

It should be interesting to see if this information is pulled from the E*'s website.

Great find. I just sent correspondence to BTN pointing-out this factoid. IMO, I doubt Dish Network would promote BTN (to include a Big Ten Football URL) if there wasn't an agreement in place...this is misleading/fraudulent advertising.

Anyway, feel free to contact the Big Ten Nework for clarification: Big Ten Network - Contact the Big Ten Network

It should be interesting to see if this information is pulled from the E*'s website.

I think it is a catch all, in case E* does not get the BTN,it may help them not lose any subs, or at least make you think they have good coverage of the league with channels already available. Sounds kind of like the fluff they put out about all the great NFL coverage that they offer to counter the loss of potential f-ball fans over to D* for the ST package.

FOOTBALL FANS GET IN THE GAME WITH DISH NETWORK®

DISH Customers Get Football 24/7 for as Low as $29.99/Month

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., August 15, 2007 – This NFL season, football fanatics everywhere are expecting more coverage and quality from their TV provider…and EchoStar’s (NASDAQ: DISH) DISH Network® is giving it to them – football 24/7, including exclusive games on NFL Network. Dedicated fans won’t miss any of the action on the field with DISH Network’s total value football package, starting at only $29.99, including HD.

“DISH Network has the best sports and movies in HD, providing fans with an unparalleled viewing experience, always at a great price,” said Jessica Insalaco, senior vice president and Chief Marketing Officer for DISH Network. “Our subscribers receive comprehensive football coverage seven days a week for less than $30 per month, which includes more than 100 channels and free DishHD programming for six months. Plus, new customers get a free upgrade to our industry-leading and award-winning HD DVR receivers, and can get instant replays anytime they want via DISH Network’s 10-second skip back function.”

DISH Network customers will enjoy ESPN NFL Network’s exciting lineup including exclusive coverage of eight regular season games airing on Thursday and Saturday nights returning this Thanksgiving, 52 preseason games including a record 34 games in HD, director’s cut game replays, plus past Super Bowl and other Classic NFL games.

Fans who can’t make it to the games won’t miss a thing with DISH Network’s industry-leading HD lineup, and with its unparalleled picture clarity, football buffs will feel like they’re watching from the sidelines. The leader in high definition, DISH Network offers 38 national HD channels including NFL Network HD, ESPN HD, and HD local channels in more than 50 percent of U.S. households.

Loyal football fans can show their true colors this season by customizing their satellite dish with an item from DISH Network’s exclusive line of DishSkinz. DishSkinz are colorful, durable satellite dish covers that come in dozens of designs, including all 32 NFL team logos, for $20.00 each.

To celebrate the start of the 2007 NFL season, DISH Network has teamed up with New Orleans Saints’ premier running back and DISH Network fan Reggie Bush, who is featured throughout the brand’s television, radio, print and online advertising, championing the rallying cry “Get Football 24/7.” The multimedia campaign launched today to give fans the heads up on DISH Network’s football offerings before the start of the regular season.

“Reggie Bush is one of the most recognized players in the NFL, exemplifying passion and a winning spirit, which aligns well with the DISH Network brand and our commitment to providing great sports programming,” said Insalaco. “This is a great opportunity for us to join together to promote DISH Network’s complete coverage of NFL games to his fans and football fans everywhere who want the best football coverage in their regular programming packages.”

For more information or to subscribe to DISH Network, visit DISH Network -- Home, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474) or visit a local DISH Network retailer.

BTW, I live in the heart of ACC country, and am a big NC State fan. But, I would love to have this network. Any true sports fan would. And from what I have read, I would not mind the extra .10 since I am out of market. Anyway:

That's what I've said before. I love college football and would want E* to carry more games from every conference. But I would like them in HD. Just like the ESPN Game Plan package is not that attractive to me as long as it is available only in SD.

I love how DISH Network's just-released press release tries to massage the fact they don't have BTN but that doesn't keep you from watching Big Ten sports.

=====

GET BIG TEN FOOTBALL WITH DISH NETWORK®

Englewood, Colo. – August 23, 2007 – EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and its DISH Network® satellite TV service today announced the latest Big Ten college football broadcast schedules are available at DISH Network, which will be updated regularly. DISH Network will carry the vast majority of all Big Ten and other NCAA conference football and basketball games on CSTV, CBS and NBC, as well as ABC,
ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU.

There are a few Big Ten non-conference games (e.g. Citadel vs. Wisconsin) that air on the Big Ten Network (BTN). For several months, DISH Network has been diligently negotiating with BTN to obtain a carriage agreement consistent with other regional sports networks, but
BTN wants unreasonable and inconsistent payments from all of our customers regardless of whether or not they are Big Ten fans. The good news is that DISH Network customers who are Big Ten fans will get most of their games with the current channels available on DISH Network
– at no additional cost.

DISH Network realizes how important these games are to our customers and will continue to work to provide the best in college and all sports, at the best value anywhere. We are
keeping the door open in the hopes we can conclude a reasonable deal with BTN.

Three words E.... NOT GOOD ENOUGH! WE in B10 Country want ALL of the games to be seen, not 1 less than that. we were able to do this last season with the local tv shown games, and we want that too this year. No b10 network by the end of october and you lose me as a sub.

Three words E.... NOT GOOD ENOUGH! WE in B10 Country want ALL of the games to be seen, not 1 less than that. we were able to do this last season with the local tv shown games, and we want that too this year. No b10 network by the end of october and you lose me as a sub.

Agreed! It's important enought to me that I am willing to buy out my remaining commitment and pay D* $199 to lease their HDDVR to not miss my favorite College Football games!

They are trying to demonstrate that they will have a lot of big ten games despite not having the big ten network. However, if you look at the games on October 13th and November 3rd they list one game for each of those days as being on...Big Ten Network. :rolleyes:

I believe the reason why no games are shown for ABC and ESPN in the latter part of the season is that those networks have not yet chosen which games they wish to show. They wait to see which games are likely to be key matchups for the Big 10 championship and then select those games. While at this point, most people expect Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin to be at the top of the pack, it is conceivable that another team could rise to the top by mid-season. The networks do not want to eliminate the possibility of carrying the key games by selecting them before the season starts.

Quick question... I'm in Maryland and have E*. ABC has regional coverage of some of these games... if ABC elects to pick up my beloved Buckeyes at the 3:30PM spot, but it's only regionally covered in the Midwest, Big 10 Network or not I'm screwed right?

Back in the day, Gameplan would show the regional ABC broadcasts that weren't in your region. But if I read between the lines, even if the heavens were to part and the Big 10 Network settled right into my E* package, I think I'm still screwed here if I don't pick up Gameplan... right???

I'm betting that E* will wisen up and pick up BTN by Basketball season, because I am so tickled with the multi-room HD DVR that I can put up with going to a restaurant for a couple of Saturdays during football season. What will cook my goose, however, is if I have to do that on random weeknights to see my Buckeyes play!

Quick question... I'm in Maryland and have E*. ABC has regional coverage of some of these games... if ABC elects to pick up my beloved Buckeyes at the 3:30PM spot, but it's only regionally covered in the Midwest, Big 10 Network or not I'm screwed right?

Back in the day, Gameplan would show the regional ABC broadcasts that weren't in your region. But if I read between the lines, even if the heavens were to part and the Big 10 Network settled right into my E* package, I think I'm still screwed here if I don't pick up Gameplan... right???

I'm betting that E* will wisen up and pick up BTN by Basketball season, because I am so tickled with the multi-room HD DVR that I can put up with going to a restaurant for a couple of Saturdays during football season. What will cook my goose, however, is if I have to do that on random weeknights to see my Buckeyes play!

Hi (fellow Buckeye fan),

Don't buy Gameplan if you only want it for Big Ten games. No Big Ten games will be on Gameplan. My understanding is that the Big Ten regional games will be televised on ESPN (or even an ESPN overflow channel) for the rest of the US (out of Big Ten region), but it will not be availble on Gameplan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)