Please reply by conversation.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
So joes got a Amiko mini HD SE working with 4:2:2. Here what's going on STB is streaming 4:2:2 to android device that then you could plug in via HDMI to big screen.

App is called Big2Small "Built by Ali"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alitech.dvbtoip

It's not in all in one but another lowcost 4:2:2 choice. Perhaps other ALI based boxes could do the samething.

Should have some videos soon :)

Last edited:
Big2Small Android App only works with Big2Small equipped STB's like our Amiko Mini HD SE.

Big2Small streaming & Google Play App works with Amiko Mini HD SE which is an inexpensive high power ALi3511 box. Other than the new Android STB being able to run the Big2Small Play app and receive live satellite streaming from Mini HD SE there is absolutely no relation between the two STB's.

Got the Big2Small app running last night on my rooted KF(Kindle Fire HD), works really good. Nice to have real time 4:2:2 solution if needed.

Last edited:
I was mainly saying how well the app itself worked. So yes now to test things like the CBS feed on G28. Any other suggestions from anybody?

Big2Small streaming & Google Play App works with Amiko Mini HD SE which is an inexpensive high power ALi3511 box. Other than the new Android STB being able to run the Big2Small Play app and receive live satellite streaming from Mini HD SE there is absolutely no relation between the two STB's.

link for buying ?

I was mainly saying how well the app itself worked. So yes now to test things like the CBS feed on G28. Any other suggestions from anybody?

Yes..How about the moved to whats up there.

EDIT: This one went down somwhere after 5:20..Should be back tomorrow..This would be a good one to check and see if it plays without stutter.Thanks ke4est.

Last edited by a moderator:

Suggestion #1: Do a speedtest on your Android device. I assume Kindle has decent WiFi. My cheap China tablet does not. I can do maybe 10Mbps down on a good day standing next to the router. That won't even come close for doing 4:2:2 HD or many of the 4:2:0 HD MPEG-2's.

Suggestion #2: Test on a 107W Ku CBC 4:2:2 SD feed. This way you can confirm that you have the right codec and player that supports 4:2:2. You won't get anywhere if this is not right.

Suggestion #3: If 1 & 2 are all good, post your tablet specifications and your results with 4:2:2 HD. If it stutters we know that a device with your processor and power level can't handle the decode. If it works great we have a "minimum" level to tell people they need to do it.

link for buying ?

http://www.amikoalienusa.com/?page_id=998#axzz2yPHiX8KM

Right below the picture you will find links to Authorized Retailers that have Mini HD SE in stock and ready to ship.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts