Bill Cosby Reteaming With NBC for New Family Comedy

Saw Bill Cosby in montreal during the Comedy festival three years ago (5th row centre). Out of all the shows and concerts I've seen so far....his was by far the best one.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

As much as I've loved Bill Cosby from the '60s through the early '90s, I haven't found him funny over the past 20-years. I predict we'll be adding this to scrap heap of NBC failed shows...right there on top of the Michael J. Fox show.

Maybe it will be a continuation of the original Cosby Show from the 90s. He could get all the old actors together and they could reunite to do Cosby the Next Generation.;)

They are trying to bring back old shows / characters just like they bring back retro cars, remakes of songs, etc.

Cosby is 76 years old (looks older) and has two shows which at best can be called moderate unspactacular successes between him at the Cosby Show, which prospered in the three channel universe of the 1980s.

His name, as it did with his CBS venture, get viewers to give it a chance. That is all. This will be better than the MJ Fox effort (although most PSAs are as well) but not much.

He does not have to be the star of the show. He could get writing/producing credits and be a minor character.
At his age he'd almost have to be. In his roles (not to mention stand up), he was always full of energy, and used that to his advantage. At his age and condition now, it's not as easy to express.

His writing remains top notch though, and as a supporting character he'd be great.

From my understanding, he's be the patriarch of a multi generational family. Probably be on a rocking chair the entire time.
He was on a SiriusXM townhall a few months back and the man was sharp. I have no doubt he can pull it off.

I don't get it. If NBC wants young people to watch their network, why put Cosby back on? Not that Cosby isn't a funny guy but I don't think today's young generations will understand his humor.

I don't get it. If NBC wants young people to watch their network, why put Cosby back on? Not that Cosby isn't a funny guy but I don't think today's young generations will understand his humor.

I agree. Cosby is so linked to the 60s-90s tv. From I Spy to the Cosby show. I would think that those who watched he and Leno would have more in common than the younger generation that NBC is trying to reach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts